This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly-Can no longer read any DVDs

I have two Lite-On drives that I've been using for over a year to make copies. The older one is IDE and the newer one is SATA. Suddenly the SATA drive will not read any DVDs, every few seconds it reports read failures. Put the same DVD in the IDE drive and it reads perfectly. However the problem drive has no problem burning a perfectly good 3 hour DVD+R DL disk? I figured that the drive had had a lot of use and bought a replacement, a newer model Lite-On SATA. The new drive does exactly the same thing, can't read, but writes fine. I replaced the SATA cable and moved to the other port on the MB, but no change. I believe that this problem may have started when I tried several times to read a damaged disk. Have the problem with 2 resident versions of DVDFab. It's an XP Pro OS and I have tried the DMA reset. Thank you.

dadrian
    Can you post any of the burn logs The default location is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.

Please just copy and paste the burn log(s) and post right here.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Go into device manager and uninstall the DVD drives that not work correctly with DVDFab. Restart your computer to let windows reinstall them and then try DVDFab again if that not work then uninstall DVDFab and then reinstall DVDFab to see if the DVD drives are seen correctly. Also post the logs like CBR929 asked as well

Comment

I to had this problem and i uninstalled the DVD drive software and let windows reinstall it and now works perfectly again

Comment

Working...
        X