This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup DVD-5 size

I have configured DVD-Writebale Media (DVD-5) size to 4500 MB. I've ripped a movie orignal size from 7200 MB to 4500 MB. No problems in the ripping process. When I use ImgBurn to burn to disc, it mentioned that the files size exceeded the limit. I ignore the warning, and after burning, the disc was not playable.
    I read from from ImgBurn that in a 4700 MB disc, the PSA uses 26 MB, the SSA uses 100 MB. That leaves 4574 MB free file space.

In my previous DVDFab version, I recall setting DVD-Writebale Media (DVD-5) size lower than 4500 MB.

Could you please advise what would be the correct setup size?

I thank you in anticpation of your response.
    Leeroy

I set mine to 4472mb for DVD5 and 8152mb for DVD9 and have no problems with playback but I only use Taiyo Yuden blank media and sometimes Verbatim blank media

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      I set mine to 4472mb for DVD5 and 8152mb for DVD9 and have no problems with playback but I only use Taiyo Yuden blank media and sometimes Verbatim blank media
      Since I've posted my issue, I have been researching on the web. It was recommedated at 4400mb for DVD5 and 8000mb for DVD9. However, I would like to setup exactly like yours - 4472mb for DVD5 and 8152mb for DVD9
      Many thanks for the prompt response AGJ. It is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        I KNOW that I have set DVDFab to 4472 megs for a DVD5 before,, but I just looked at it, and there is no way to set the newer versions to that. There is a choice between 4300 and 4900 megs. No other way (that I can find) to change that.

I swear that I changed the older versions to 4472, but I am using both 7030 and 7035, and can't type in my own choice.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Comment

dperino
          Open Fab > Green Check Top Right > DVD / Blu-Ray > Write > writable media size click the drop down box click customize, type the size you want click OK then click OK on the bottom and your good to go.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            dperino
            Open Fab > Green Check Top Right > DVD / Blu-Ray > Write > writable media size click the drop down box click customize, type the size you want click OK then click OK on the bottom and your good to go.
            CBR929
            I can't type anything there. I have the 2 choices, and no way I can change them.

Same for the DVD9

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              dperino
              CBR929
              Ahh,, found it. If I double click the 4300,, it comes up with another choice,, "Customize" That lets me type in what I want. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Comment

Your welcome
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

With the recent setup as recomended by AGJ - 4472mb for DVD5 and 8152mb for DVD9. I ripped "NEW MOON" with DVDFab 7.0.3.0 and burn with ImgBurn perfectly.
                  Thanks again - AGJ

Comment

golfingfool your posts hijacking this thread have been moved to..........

Comment

Working...
                    X