This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single layer/Double layer blank media?

What does it mean when DVD Fab is trying to recognize the blank media to burn too and comes back saying the blank DVD is a single layer and it needs a double layer? I have been using the same blank dvd's and have about 100 in and burned just fine.

Most likely it means that size of your output file is bigger than 4.7 Gig (size of single layer DVD). If you performing compression using DVDFab, and want your output product to fit SL DVD, you should make sure that your output preset is BD5 or DVD5.... I'm not sure what exactly you are doing.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi Lidocaine and welcome,
      (Hmmm, I'm getting this odd numbing feeling in my head...)

There are a number of possibilities; as IPopov50 said, no one knows what you're doing and with what.

First off, on the initial splash screen, be certain you've selected DVD5 and not DVD9.
      The Quality_% (at the bottom) will indicate the amount of compression....100% = no compression and so forth.

If you're using the freeware application, Fab will not compress.
      (Were you using the trial version and hit 30 day max?)

Be certain to check your settings as suggested by IPopov50.

If your problems persist, we need details
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thank you very much. Yes, it seems it was a trial version I downloaded. I just downloaded the latest version and it is all running fine again. I thought the DVD-DVD copy was all free all the time. My bad.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X