X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backed up fine (full disc) with version 7030

That's good news.

Region 4 launch date is 29 April 2010. Will post my outcome then.
    Last edited by leeroy; 04-15-2010, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Hi Miami,

I've just checked that the offical date for the Region 1 DVD release is 22 April 2010. How did you managed to purchase it earlier?.
      There is no way I can purchase Region 4 (Australia) before 29 April 2010.
      Could anyone in Region 4 let me know where I can purchase this before the release date?.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Miami View Post
        I take it by ''standard'' you mean NOT in 3D, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
          I take it by ''standard'' you mean NOT in 3D, yes?
          The 3D version will be released in blu-ray next year..Also the version release next week will contain movie only, not extras. A special edition will be released in November

Comment

Originally posted by Miami View Post
            Is there some reason you did not copy it with 7.0.4.0 release?

Comment

Originally posted by calcu007 View Post
              The 3D version will be released in blu-ray next year..Also the version release next week will contain movie only, not extras. A special edition will be released in November
              Cool, that will do me, for now anyway, thanks.

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond earlier to all questions:
                Standard -- NOT Blu ray but a standard DVD. It's not 3D -- as someone said -- that's next year and I've read it will be a 3 disc blu ray set. I used 7030 because that's what was on my pc when I bought Avatar and I wanted to back it up quickly before my son got his hands on the original. My local mom and pop video store (the owner lives very close to me) which I've patronized for many years allows me to buy earlier at a real good price (usually DVD's arrive at a retail location up to 2 weeks prior to the release date). I'm not buying the blu ray till the big set arrives next year, especially since I saw it in IMAX 3D so I can wait.
                Last edited by Miami; 04-17-2010, 12:30 PM. Reason: grammatical

Comment

This movie dont has special protecions, only CSS

Comment

Originally posted by calcu007 View Post
                    This movie dont has special protecions, only CSS
                    For the most expensive movie ever made, and they don't worry about protection?.
                    The video shop owner told me that there are lots of priated versions of this movie floating around. That's the reason why they are launching the DVD (original version) earlier than expected.

Comment

According to the web site that I check to see what new DVDs are being released, Avatar is being released in both DVD AND Blu-ray formats on the 29th here in OZ.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                        According to the web site that I check to see what new DVDs are being released, Avatar is being released in both DVD AND Blu-ray formats on the 29th here in OZ.
                        I am not sure where OZ is, the end of Yellow Brick Road I guess, but the Standard DVD and Blu Ray are releasing tomorrow April 22th, 2010. Neither will be 3-D.

Comment

Silly Boy !!!!

How about OZ = Australia?
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by tmckin1211 View Post
                            I am not sure where OZ is, the end of Yellow Brick Road I guess, but the Standard DVD and Blu Ray are releasing tomorrow April 22th, 2010. Neither will be 3-D.
                            Yeah - silly boy. It's the land down under.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi ! Oi ! Oi !

Comment

No... There have been about 4 different threads on this and quite a few have been closed.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                              X