This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading/Writing Error Control

I am getting errors while it is first looking at the disk as soon as I load the program.

When I load the program it starts trying to read the DVD, and then the "Error while reading, please choose what to do" error comes up.

What I am trying to do is not burn DVDs to discs but DVDs that are on discs onto a harddrive for my media center.

My logs are attached,

I have tried with two different DVDs so far, one being Chronicles of Riddick and one being FUTURAMA: Bender's Big Score.

I am using an Internal optical drive.

I have vista 64 bit, q6600 overclocked to 2.8 ghz currently, 4 gigs of ram (havent messed with it in a while dont remember the timings).

This is the only software I am using, like i said, the whole point is for me to burn DVDs onto my hard drive.

I put the DVD in, start the program, it runs for a second, and then the error appears.

Anyways let me know if there is more information i can give.

EDIT: I first tried on the regular version then updated to the beta version and still the error occurs, I have also tried this on another computer, and the error still occurs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Griff017; 04-17-2010, 04:58 PM.

If you have pathplayer enabled try with pathplayer disabled.
    Riddick is an old move and sometimes pathplayer must be turned off for older movies.

Comment

Please run through this list and let us know...

Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Griff017
        Is your computer a fresh build? Reason for asking, I'm running the same OS and I see in your logs that you have no service packs installed, I would suggest installing the service packs from MS and also I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save then open the folder and right click and install the programs as administrator and never have had 1 problem with any install.
        Give it a try and post back.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys,

I tried a brand new DVD I bought yesterday (The Men Who Stare at Goats) and it worked.

I have pathfinding disabled,

I am going to run through that list and I will let you know after I play with the settings some mroe.

Thanks again

EDIT: My system is about 2 years old, but I will try to run some updates for ya and see what that does.
          Last edited by Griff017; 04-18-2010, 04:35 AM.

Comment

well!

I did everything everyone suggested.

And for some weird reason now, it seems to work great!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Griff017
              Your welcome, glad to hear your up and burning
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I do have one more question.

Now that I got some movies to watch on my hardrive,

I am watching them but the quality seems to have taken hit.

Is this to be expected, it doesnt matter to me just wondering if this is how it is suppose to be.

EDIT: Nevermind I used the nifty 'search' feature
                Last edited by Griff017; 04-19-2010, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X