This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Why leave it alone... Lets get it working.
    You have a internal drive that does not like the media you are using.
    Either change media or install a new burner.

The fact that your usb burner works and the internal burner does not should tell you something.

Have you tried imgburn as suggested?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2010, 09:21 PM. Reason: ask about ingburn

Leave a comment:

• inphoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
    I think you are ignoring some facts.
    Everything works fine on your external burner.
    It does not work on your internal burner.

So how is it the fault of the software?

You have a problem with your system.
    Be it hardware or conflicting software or maybe the media I do not know but you need to deal with your fixsation on DVDFAB and think about where and what the real problem is.
    I have been thinking about the 'fixation part' and the only thing that has changed was the version of DVD Fab. The media and drive are the same as I've used all this and last year. Still wondering but I'll leave it alone.....

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
    I think it would be better to rip to a hard drive and then use imgburn as a standalone until he is more comfortable.
    I agree with Gruñón this is probably better for now.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think it would be better to rip to a hard drive and then use imgburn as a standalone until he is more comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    inphoenix
    I should have also suggested that there is a video you can watch to set up ImgBurn that you can follow and just pause and restart video to make the settings as he does to help you along you will find it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqEitFQu04k
    Hope this helps
    CBR929

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    inphoenix
    I under stand. If you need anything else were always here to help, I just hoped you could have got it working like before to have a little peace of mind.
    It's late, and I have to work in the am so I'm out, take care and God Bless
    CBR929

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by inphoenix View Post
    I hear you and you are right but I was so frustrated that all of a sudden things quit working as before... I would like to try imgburn, as suggested on previous page, but am afraid I'll mess things up. I'm 70 years old and somewhat hesitant ie: updating firmware for a burner that used to work fine... I can't seem to get past my fears. Thanks so much for helping me. I really appreciate this forum and you wonderful helpers. Please don't give up on me :-)
    Age is in your favor. My 70th birthday was last month.
    Download imgburn and use it , you can not screw it up.
    Do like I do ... click on a button to see what happens.
    Then click on another one.

Leave a comment:

• inphoenix
    replied
    I hear you and you are right but I was so frustrated that all of a sudden things quit working as before... I would like to try imgburn, as suggested on previous page, but am afraid I'll mess things up. I'm 70 years old and somewhat hesitant ie: updating firmware for a burner that used to work fine... I can't seem to get past my fears. Thanks so much for helping me. I really appreciate this forum and you wonderful helpers. Please don't give up on me :-)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by inphoenix View Post
    oh well, I'll just keep using the portable usb burner till that quits working too.
    I'm kinda disappointed in DVD Fab right now.
    I think you are ignoring some facts.
    Everything works fine on your external burner.
    It does not work on your internal burner.

So how is it the fault of the software?

You have a problem with your system.
    Be it hardware or conflicting software or maybe the media I do not know but you need to deal with your fixsation on DVDFAB and think about where and what the real problem is.

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    inphoenix
    You can also try using ImgBurn to burn instead of the VSO in Fab you will find it here along with a tutorial on how to set it up, ImgBurn is all I use and many of us consider it the Best Burner on the Planet http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33 Post back
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 04-21-2010, 01:35 AM. Reason: text

Leave a comment:

• inphoenix
    replied
    yes, and the other brand,don't know it cuz the dvd is blank, I've used for over 90 times with no problems and on the same burner but since I've upgraded to 6 and above I cannot burn. But.... I also could not burn Everyone's Fine on ver 4.x so I cannot figure out what is wrong. hmmmmm
    oh well, I'll just keep using the portable usb burner till that quits working too.
    I'm kinda disappointed in DVD Fab right now.

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    inphoenix
    Glad you got it to work
    Also the verbatim's that you are using are the same ones that I use and never had a problem.
    2010-04-19 17:41:18 Info Media ID: RITEKF1 FIRST BURN
    2010-04-20 05:21:47 Info Media ID: MCC 03RG20 SECOND
    You can read up on Media Id here http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dv...+or+List+Media and more just goggle it.

Leave a comment:

• inphoenix
    replied
    Thank you Gruñon

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Glad it is working now.

In regards to the brands of media.. Sad to say even the Verbatims are now being manufactured by 5 different suppliers and at least 3 of them produce junk regardless of brand name.

It is getting harder to get quality media with the Verbatim name on it.

Download VSO inspector and use it to determine the code and to check a disc for errors.

Leave a comment:

• inphoenix
    replied
    changed DVD burner

Well, I used our portable usb burner and the burn worked perfectly. Guess it was the drive,,,,, duhhhhhhhhh
    Thank you all so much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X