This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task_1 failed! Error=400()

I ripped two movies in a row, "Peacock" and "Neowolf" with 7.0.4.0. Ripped them from different DVD drives. At the end of each rip, I got the "Task_1 failed! Error=400()" error. I clicked "Finish" on both and both were good rips (able to be opened in Shrink and/or burned with Imgburn). I've heard this is a read error but weird I'd get it twice in a row and from different DVD drives.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Mike89
    They may have had illegal characters in the volume label which I have tested and confirmed, that if you put anything other than English you will get this message at the end of the process. You will get a complete rip and you will be able to burn the rip but you get this message. This error was supposed to be fixed in the new Fab7 and I guess it is half fixed because before in version 6 if there was anything other than English in the volume label you would you would get this message at the beginning and you would not be able to rip or burn.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have been getting this error a lot recently as well with DVDFab 7 and (mainly newer) DVD releases.

What are considered as illegal characters? The current one just failed was Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnasus and as far as I can see the label is: DOCTOR_PARNASSUS.

Comment

I have been getting this error a lot recently
        Has your result been actual failure of the rip or like mine, just getting the message at the end but the rip is ok?

I also didn't see any illegal characters in the volume names either.
        I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

I'm still getting this error. Just got it with two more movies I ripped. I have never got this message before with any other version of DVDFab. Something is definitely up with version 7.0.4.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
            Has your result been actual failure of the rip or like mine, just getting the message at the end but the rip is ok?

I also didn't see any illegal characters in the volume names either.
            No just like yours, error msg occurs at 100% - the actual ripped film appears to play just fine right thru' to the end.

Comment

Try shortening the label name to <=11 characters. Just a suspicion...
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm still regularly getting this Error, even on DVD's with disc label names less than 11 in length. It seems to be related to whatever happens immediately after the DVD Rip (Task 1) gets to 100% - usually I use the option to write the ripped DVD to a folder structure off my "My Videos" folder.

If instead I ask it to write the copy to a DVD disc then I have never known it fail with this error : so it seems to be related to writing to folder structure (though I did get the error once when writing to an ISO file instead).

Comment

could this have anything to do with cinavia encoding protection

Comment

Originally posted by NigelS View Post
                    I'm still regularly getting this Error, even on DVD's with disc label names less than 11 in length. It seems to be related to whatever happens immediately after the DVD Rip (Task 1) gets to 100% - usually I use the option to write the ripped DVD to a folder structure off my "My Videos" folder.

If instead I ask it to write the copy to a DVD disc then I have never known it fail with this error : so it seems to be related to writing to folder structure (though I did get the error once when writing to an ISO file instead).
                    Scrap that. I've now had this failure on ISO's as well. Also, sometimes I will get the error when ripping with one DVD drive, but when I do the rip on a different drive (my LG Bluray drive) it proceeds OK and doesn't give the error.

I've also found that combining the fox with DVDFab7 can also work ripping successfully where DVDFab7 on it's own gives the error.

In short I haven't a clue what is causing it.

Comment

Or else try the latest version as you are behind and give that a shot
                      Paid Not To Work
                      US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                      Proudly Served On
                      USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                      6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
                      X