This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to Burn..Please Help

DVDFab has stopped working for me. I am having writing issues, will start to write and then I get Burning process failed...Task 2 failed Error 116.
    Can you please help? I have the ltest version installed (7.0.4.0) (log attached...I hope). Thank you
    Attached Files

Originally posted by pixiefromdixie View Post
    DVDFab has stopped working for me. I am having writing issues, will start to write and then I get Burning process failed...Task 2 failed Error 116.
    Can you please help? I have the ltest version installed (7.0.4.0) (log attached...I hope). Thank you

pixiefromdixie
    There is definitely more info needed. Please go here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=15

and use these instructions for info. Don't foget to provide info on your hardware, burner and very important media you are using.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Burning Issues...Error Tak 2 failed Error 116

I have an internal buner that was factory installed with the computer:
      TSST Corp CDDVDDW TS-H653Q ATA device
      operating system: Vista

DVD's Sony, & Verbatim. Have tried both and also tried both +R and -R discs---these are the discs I have always used without a problem.

Log is attached to my original post.. No problems till now, I have successfully used DVDFab many times. Only changes made is the installation of newest upgrade. Hope this is the info you need. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Please follow the link in my previous post and prepare info as it said there. There are more than one logs!!!! You will get nowhere if you not providing full info.
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Sorry, I am using the linked info and am not sure what I am not providing...I used the log that says attach if internal error codes appear (Task Failed) and that is exactly what happened. I will attach the other logs also . How do I go back and upload the other logs to you? DO I have to start a new thread? Sorry, this is the 1st time I have posted here. The only other info that I think I left out is yes..it is happening with ALL discs that I have tried to write since last night...

Comment

Originally posted by pixiefromdixie View Post
            How do I go back and upload the other logs to you? DO I have to start a new thread?
            No need in new thread. Just continue this one. In your next post, look at the bottom -> go Advanced -> Manage attachment
            sigpic

Comment

pixiefromdixie
              what writing engine are you using, VSO?
              sigpic

Comment

Read what is listed below and post the info asked in your next post reply to this thread

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
                If this happens with all discs or just one
                Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
                If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
                If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
                If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Need help with burning issues.

I am back after working a loooong night shift. I will recap my posts. DVD fab worked great until late Tues when it just stopped writing. On several attempts with different movies, it gave me burning failed (after writing started) and the error code Task 2 failed, Error 116
                  I use Sony DVD's and Verbatim, tried both and also tried both +R & -R discs
                  optical drive
                  burner:TSST Corp CDDDVDW TS-H653Q ATA device (factory installed)
                  New hard drive installed in early March, back up copies successful with new hard drive till now..
                  DVDFab only BD software installed and I downloaded the latest version/update

I am using VSO...

Dvdfab process log is attached to my original post. I am sending you the other logs now. Thanks again. I have used DVDfab successfully since the product hit the market, this is the 1st time I have had to use your forum for tech support so I am brand new at this. Please let me know if you need more info...Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X