• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone

With the clone function, you have 2 options
    Copy DVD-Video Data Only
    Copy original IFO files..

do i need to have a check in either or both or none? I wanna just make a dual layer back up...Also, will the layer break remain in the same spot as the original dvd? thanks

Read what is posted in this link http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4901 also if all you want is a Dual Layer back up then I would do FullDVD and have the DVD size output set to DVD9 so it not get compressed. When I do DL back ups I just use the FullDVD and set the size to DVD9

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Read what is posted in this link http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4901 also if all you want is a Dual Layer back up then I would do FullDVD and have the DVD size output set to DVD9 so it not get compressed. When I do DL back ups I just use the FullDVD and set the size to DVD9
      would the layer break still remain in the same as the original disk?

Comment

Originally posted by studmonkey76 View Post

I was always taught never to answer a question with a question, but here goes anyways...

Does it matter if there is a difference in the position of the layer break??

And why?

DC

Comment

i just figured it would cause less issues with players if the layer break remained as in the original..

Comment

Yes,
            ticking or unticking Remove layer break won't make any difference in Clone Mode.
            It's essentially a bit for bit copy.
            The layer break is preserved regardless.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

ok, ty...another question...when using +r dual layers, should its booktype be set to dvd rom? or left alone?

Comment

Booktype always booktype as it gives less hassle trying to play as when booktyped your DVD player will think it an original DVD and not a DVD+R DL

Comment

Always better to try and bitset. No downside really.
                  Changing the booktype will confer greater overall compatibilty with players.
                  Essentially, it makes the disc appear as a DVD-ROM to the player.

Are you certain your burner is capable of bitsetting?
                  Do you use Img to burn?
                  Please post your burner...make, model and firmware and we can help you out.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

using an Optiarc AD-7240S firmware 1.03...should i use imgburn or the vso burning engine? i set the booktype in dvdfab to dvdrom will that effect imgburn?

Comment

i just figured it would cause less issues with players if the layer break remained as in the original..

As long as the layer break position is noted in the proper place in the IFO files, it won't make any difference to the player where the break is...

With regards to DVD-ROM bit-setting on +R discs, it's a good practice to get into to always set it... that way, if the player doesn't require it (the way some of the new ones are set up), then it won't make a difference in playback. If the player does require it (all the older ones), then the disc won't play if the book type isn't set.

DC

Comment

would changing the booktype in dvdfab apply to +r DL? also would changing the booktype in dvdfab, apply to imgburn if i use imgburn to burn the disk?

Comment

(1)would changing the booktype in dvdfab apply to +r DL?(2)also would changing the booktype in dvdfab, apply to imgburn if i use imgburn to burn the disk?

(1) Yes.

(2) No... Imgburn has a setting of its own to set book type for +R discs, and must be set also... that info isn't carried over from Fab.

DC

Comment

using an Optiarc AD-7240S firmware 1.03...should i use imgburn or the vso burning engine? i set the booktype in dvdfab to dvdrom will that effect imgburn?
                            I have 2 of these burners, Optiarc AD-7240S ...great drives btw.
                            Not to tell you what to do, but 1.03 firmware is not bitset capable (none of the official firmwares are...and this includes 1.03, at least from what I see).
                            I bought my drives last year and they came with 1.01.

I flashed both of my drives to Liggy and Dee's modified firmware.
                            These firmwares will bitset both +R and +R DL media as well as provide RPC1 depending on your choice.

Keep in mind, once you use a 3rd party (modified firmware) you will void any warranty on your drive.

Myself, I wouldn't think twice about it and didn't...

If you're interested:

Comment

i did flash my drive with the modded firmware...trying a +r dl as we speak...

Comment

Working...
                              X