Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quality difference between dvd5 and dvd 9 ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quality difference between dvd5 and dvd 9 ???

is there a quality difference between dvd5 and dvd9 ?

I notice dvd 5 is alot lower file size.

Bind,
    yes, it's alot lower quality too
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      Bind,
      yes, it's alot lower quality too
      It just depends on how much it is compressed, I have found out that 70% is about the lowest you can go without losing quality
      Paid Not To Work
      US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
      Proudly Served On
      USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
      6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        It just depends on how much it is compressed, I have found out that 70% is about the lowest you can go without losing quality
        Yes, but it's a cookie-cutter number. Everyone's different. You never know, It might be 5 gig movie - couldn't fit on DVD5 and goes to dvd9. In this case, loss is minimal. I was just trying to make a point that any time where's compression involved, loss of quality inevitable. Would it be noticeable or not is a different story. I my case, if I take glasses off, any highest quality HD video turns into a colorful blob.
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

and it all depends on whether you do "Full Disk" or "Main Movie" also as some titles, although the main movie is below DVD5 size, are full of crap that fill up the DVD9.

Fortunately, I don't worry about it any more. I just rip for my media players. First to HDD with no compression and then to the mobile format that I want.

1 Terabyte drives are relatively cheap these days.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy, when I reading your posts, I feel like I'm looking in a mirror

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            and it all depends on whether you do "Full Disk" or "Main Movie" also as some titles, although the main movie is below DVD5 size, are full of crap that fill up the DVD9.

Fortunately, I don't worry about it any more. I just rip for my media players. First to HDD with no compression and then to the mobile format that I want.

1 Terabyte drives are relatively cheap these days.
            sigpic

Comment

Ipopov,

I think that you and I are the sensible ones!!!

If you think about it, you can fit approx 900 movies on a 1 Tb drive using one of the generic profiles at close as dammit to DVD quality.

Here in Oz, that drive will cost me about $90 = 10c per movie, no burning hassles, no fingerprint problems, dust or storage problems, and all available at any one time to all my media players throughout the house..

Burning to DVD seems to me like "Dark Age" stuff !!!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

thanks for your replies.

Comment

Working...
                X