This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

errors

Maineman, I'm hoping you (or anyone!) have a solution for me. When I rip a title that results in too much compression (<70%) I try to go DL. Several years ago I used PGCEdit and had no problems. I've been away from this for a while and now I'm getting errors no matter what I do. DVDFab seems like a perfect solution, but I'm STILL running into issues. I make an image of the source disk and write an ISO file to my drive, selecting DVD 9. I bring up Imgburn and set up image to disk, select the most favorable layer break and let it do its thing. When it goes to Verify, I get an I/O error: Interpretation: Check Condition/Interpretation: Read (20) - Sector xxxxxxx/Interpretation - Unrecovered Read Error. If I uncheck Verify, it completes the burn without a hitch. I then take the new copy and run it through DVDInfoPro for read errors and it trips up soon after the layer break, when it's about 51% complete, then it's error after error. When I rip/burn the same title using DVD5, I have absolutely no problems.

This isn't unique to DFDFab, either. Using other ripping tools, including the venerable DVD Decrypter/Shrink, I'm getting the same problem, again, only when I try to go DL. Cleaning the laser lens doesn't seem to help. My target discs are all Verbatim +R 2.4X.

Any idea what I should check next? BTW, I've got a very nice set of shiny coasters for anyone who's interested!

Many thanks!

Post moved to new thread. Please don't hijack other threads with your specific problems.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaJefe View Post
      Maineman, I'm hoping you (or anyone!) have a solution for me. When I rip a title that results in too much compression (<70%) I try to go DL. Several years ago I used PGCEdit and had no problems. I've been away from this for a while and now I'm getting errors no matter what I do. DVDFab seems like a perfect solution, but I'm STILL running into issues. I make an image of the source disk and write an ISO file to my drive, selecting DVD 9. I bring up Imgburn and set up image to disk, select the most favorable layer break and let it do its thing. When it goes to Verify, I get an I/O error: Interpretation: Check Condition/Interpretation: Read (20) - Sector xxxxxxx/Interpretation - Unrecovered Read Error. If I uncheck Verify, it completes the burn without a hitch. I then take the new copy and run it through DVDInfoPro for read errors and it trips up soon after the layer break, when it's about 51% complete, then it's error after error. When I rip/burn the same title using DVD5, I have absolutely no problems.

This isn't unique to DFDFab, either. Using other ripping tools, including the venerable DVD Decrypter/Shrink, I'm getting the same problem, again, only when I try to go DL. Cleaning the laser lens doesn't seem to help. My target discs are all Verbatim +R 2.4X.

Any idea what I should check next? BTW, I've got a very nice set of shiny coasters for anyone who's interested!

Many thanks!
      What version of ImgBurn are you using as the latest is version 2.5.1.0

Comment

AGJ, I'm using 2.5.1.0. I tried burning on another drive and it worked perfectly. Looks like that was the issue. My Sony DRU 700A has been my workhorse for quite a while. Better see if I'm due for a firmware update. Thanks very much for your suggestion.
        PJ

Comment

maybe a lens cleaning as well

Comment

Yeah, that was something I addressed earlier and it didn't help. Interesting that this external drive will burn single layers all day long but fouls up on DL's. Back to the test bench...

Comment

Hi Papa,

Could you please post a burn log or 2 and we'll take a look.
              Thanks

The default location is:
              C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
              X