This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avatar reading/writing error control 7.0.4.0

Received an error at 49.4% when ripping full movie. I received the same error and at the same point when using the 7.0.4.5 beta. My system is Q9550, 8GB ram, Win7 64. Never received this error before. Going to try cleaning the disk just in case, but has anyone else seen this error before?

pbpedis
    I do not see an error # in your post.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Same Error at the same place.... twice.... sounds like a bad disc.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

see screen print for error, there is no error number associated with it....very confusing...never seen this error before? the disk is perfectly clean. Any help on this error would be appreciated!
        Attached Files

Comment

Image is so small, I can't see much. But looks like this is reading error. I'm telling you, this is bad disc. It doesn't have to be scratch or other visible element - it could be defect at press.... anything. Go and exchange this disc. It happens quite often....
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

try cleaning the disc with a damp non scratching lint free cloth and also check for scratches or marks that can not be removed. I had a DVD of this movie that would give me that error as it had some marks that would not come off right out of the newly opened DVD case so I exchanged it the next day and it worked with out issue

Comment

ipopov, I will try another disc. In the meantime, hopefully you can see this image better:
              Attached Files

Comment

Not really, it still too small. But I can see my avatar perfectly. It's beautiful isn't?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  try cleaning the disc with a damp non scratching lint free cloth and also check for scratches or marks that can not be removed. I had a DVD of this movie that would give me that error as it had some marks that would not come off right out of the newly opened DVD case so I exchanged it the next day and it worked with out issue
                  AGJ, thanks for the reply, I will exchange the disk and report back with results. I sincerely appreciate everyone's comments.

Comment

Yup, one more vote for a bad disc.
                    Good move on the decision to exchange it.
                    Just an FYI, take a look here:

Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Just a heads up to everyone that I watched my original disc, which I bought, and it skips/distorts/pauses right about the middle of the movie, which would be consistent with my 49% read/write error. This is a bad disc! I will exchange and try again. Thanks to all for the helpful advice.

Comment

well that what we said in posts #3,5,6 and 10 but at least now you know the exact spot on the DVD so you can show them if they not believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                          Yup, one more vote for a bad disc.
                          Good move on the decision to exchange it.
                          Just an FYI, take a look here:

Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
                          Maineman, that FAQ is very helpful!

Comment

Just a quick heads up that upon exchanging Avatar for a different DVD, I was able to make my backup copy with absolutely no problems; further confirmation of what everyone in this thread has suggested from the beginning: My error was due to a bad disc.

Thanks to all, especially the moderators and established members, for their insight and quick responses in this thread, it was much appreciated and I hope to give back to other newbie posters like myself.

Comment

Working...
                            X