This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with cloning a DVD

I have a problem cloning a DVD from the Klovn boxset (danish comedy show, you probably don't know it), it's the second disc and I am using the Clone option, making it an ISO on my hard drive. It is region 0 and not copy protected (ImgBurn can copy the other discs, but also fails with this one). All the other discs was cloned without problems.

When it have cloned around 33.7%, it gives an error number 102, DVD_Error_ReadFile. If I choose to ignore all errors, it completes with 112 sectors or so unreadable. The ISO then plays, but most of the episodes are choppy, like it's pausing for a second and then playing in high speed for half a second, pausing again and so on. There are no problems with playing the disc in my DVD player.

I have tried cleaning the disc with a cloth and some... Cleaning benzine, or what it's called in english.

Down load the free VSO Inspector and check the disc for errors.
    Nero CD/DVD speed will also check for errors.

If either one show errors you will not be able to copy the disc.

Comment

VSO inspector gives "Read error, unrecovered read error" or some sectors, and others took 2 attempts to read. It also failed to read a vob file in the video_ts folder. The average reading speed was 0.94x So does that mean the DVD is faulty and I should return it?

Comment

Obviously, this is a bad disc. You should return it for an exchange.

Originally posted by Verner Delleholm View Post
        VSO inspector gives "Read error, unrecovered read error" or some sectors, and others took 2 attempts to read. It also failed to read a vob file in the video_ts folder. The average reading speed was 0.94x So does that mean the DVD is faulty and I should return it?
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X