This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting questions

i ripped a movie at 54% and playback quality was not very sharp. what is the recommended percentage?

Originally posted by IPopov50
    In average, anything below 70% of initial quality considered as visible quality loss.
    how do you adjust the settings? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929
      golfingfool
      I usually never go below 90% on DVD-5 before I use a dual layer disc,but that is totally up to the user and the quality they want in their back up. Hope this helps
      CBR929
      i'm using single layer disc. how do i adjust? thanks.

Comment

golfingfool do not hijack others threads with request for help with your own problems.

Comment

You adjusting it by size of the media you compressing it to. I.e. You have DVD DL with 5 gig of a content on it. It's too big for DVD SL (4.7 gig) and if to compress your content to fit DVD SL you would have to reduce size of your content to roughly 90% of its original size. Or in you case - 52%
          You have to set for yourself your own benchmark of how low you're willing to go (as you have seen in CBR929 post, he (or she) is willing only go as far as 90%.) So if your compressed content will go below your benchmark minimum, you just switch ot to DVD9, insert DVD DL and burn at 100%

Originally posted by golfingfool View Post
          how do you adjust the settings? thanks!
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Do main movie if you not want that much compression for a DVD5 blank

Comment

Working...
            X