This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nero turns dvdfab's ripped files into slideshows

Hi all. I'm brand new here. I'm having a problem backing up a DVD. I use DVDFab 7.0.4.0 to copy the Main Movie into a folder and then use Nero9 to burn them onto a dvd.

The problem occurs when I import the ripped VOB files into Nero, specifically the last one. I recently tried to back up Borat. DVDFab let me rip the movie and broke it into 5 installments (VOB files): VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3, VTS_01_4, and VTS_01_5

When I import them into Nero, the first 4 are fine, but the 5th imports as a Slide Slow. The same thing happens when I tried a much older DVD (Home Alone).

I wrote to Nero and of course, they passed the buck. I would appreciate anyone trying to help me out. I can't figure what I should be doing that I'm not already doing. Thanks in advance. Here's their answer to me:

"Individual frames can be damaged or even completely lost while recording (capturing) video files in MPEG-2 (*.vob) format. Most of the time these faulty frames are not noticeable during playback of the video file, but error messages or aborts can occur while transcoding. Possible errors are disproportionate synchronicity between video and audio tracks or the complete loss of the sound track after transcoding.

NeroVision makes the transcoding and burning of standard MPEG-2 files possible.
    The described process explains why MPEG-2 conform files often fail to be produced while capturing.

(a)
    The *.vob file should be produced again. Programs such as PVAstumento" or "ProjectX" can be used for this task (for further information about these and other programs go to doom9

(b)
    Check to see that your capturing software includes a DVD-conform or MPEG-2-conform recording option.

(c)
    Now try to transcode and burn the newly prepared *.mpeg file with NeroVision."
    Last edited by AGJ; 04-28-2010, 04:39 AM. Reason: link to doom9 forum removed

I am a little confused but if you are trying to import each file individually that would be the problem.

Import the folder as a whole not the 5 files individually.

If I am wrong about what you are doing please explain exactly what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
      "Individual frames can be damaged or even completely lost while recording (capturing) video files in MPEG-2 (*.vob) format. Most of the time these faulty frames are not noticeable during playback of the video file, but error messages or aborts can occur while transcoding. Possible errors are disproportionate synchronicity between video and audio tracks or the complete loss of the sound track after transcoding.

NeroVision makes the transcoding and burning of standard MPEG-2 files possible.
      The described process explains why MPEG-2 conform files often fail to be produced while capturing.

(a)
      The *.vob file should be produced again. Programs such as PVAstumento" or "ProjectX" can be used for this task (for further information about these and other programs go to www.doom9.org).

(b)
      Check to see that your capturing software includes a DVD-conform or MPEG-2-conform recording option.

(c)
      Now try to transcode and burn the newly prepared *.mpeg file with NeroVision."
      Or, if I may add to their response, use DVDFab for burning your project to the disc as well. I would suggest to set up DVDFab together with ImgBurn as burning engine, and you will have much less headache in a future. Here's how to do it:

good luck
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Why not set DVDfab up to use Nero as the burn engine just check out the screen capture I attached or do what IPopov50 mentioned which is what most of us DVDFab veteran users use
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the words of wisdom, guys, but I could use some more. I would really like to just rip the files and then open up Nero to burn them onto a dvd. I do that because I like to put pictures of my kids as the background and also like to pick and choose which special features to include. It used to work fine when I used older versions of DVDfab and Nero, but at some point Nero started to fail, so I upgraded to 9, at which time I also got the newer DVDfab. Now I get those slideshows instead of videos.

I can't import the folder as a whole. When I import, it only allows me to import a vob file. Since only vob files are vob files, I can't import a folder. DVDfab automatically rips the movie into multiple vob files (5, in the case of Borat) so I really have no choice in that matter. The first 4 vob files import as video, but the 5th imports as a slide show and it's just really bugging me.

As a last resort, I'll try to burn them through DVDfab using nero or imgburn, but I'd prefer to do it the way I just described for the reasons I mentioned. Still, I tried to set nero as the burn engine, but I got this error message: "failed to locate nero command program (NeroCmd.exe). Please choose the file manually." I don't know where to go from here. I also tried it with imgburn, but got pretty much the same error, though I never did download the imgburn program. Thanks.

Comment

Well derek, one problem at a time. IMO, Nero beyond 7 is a waste of money.... I use to like that program.... still have Nero 7...
            Anyway,
            "failed to locate nero command program (NeroCmd.exe). Please choose the file manually." I don't know where to go from here.
            Go to Program Files folders on your C: drive (or Program Files(x86) if your OS 64 bit) ->Nero ->Nero 9 (I suppose) ->Core ->NeroCmd should be here. If not, it means file got corrupted somehow and you have to uninstall Nero and re-install back.

I can't import the folder as a whole. When I import, it only allows me to import a vob file. Since only vob files are vob files, I can't import a folder. DVDfab automatically rips the movie into multiple vob files (5, in the case of Borat) so I really have no choice in that matter. The first 4 vob files import as video, but the 5th imports as a slide show and it's just really bugging me.
            If you have multiple .vob files and you are desperate to join them into one, you may try JoinVOBfilestool. Google it. It's free and simple.

Good luck
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

You shouldn't have to import them in Nero.

Just start up Nero Burning Rom, start a new DVD-Video project, drag all the files in the VIDEO_TS directory to the sam directory in the Nero project and then burn away.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi. I'll try to address all your suggestions and what I've done. Regarding changing the Write setting to Nero Burning ROM, I chose the NeroCMD.exe file when asked to pick the file. Now every time I go to open DVDfab, I keep getting this note: "Failed to initialize the burning engine. If you just installed the product, please restart your PC to see the result, or else please reinstall the product."

I uninstalled and reinstalled Nero. I also downloaded some relevant updates. It didn't seem to solve anything.

Regarding the multiple VOB files that get created, I downloaded the JoinVOBfiles tool and it worked just fine. It combined my 5 Borat vob files into 1. But when I went into Nero, instead of importing 4 as video and 1 as slide show, it imported the 1 giant, combined file all as the dreaded slide show again.

So, I'm still at a total loss as far as getting Nero to import vob files as video instead of slide show.

Gregiboy, if I don't need to import files into nero, I hope you could walk me through this. I don't have a program called Nero Burning ROM.

Here's a step by step description of what I did:
                1. I put Borat into the hard drive and used DVDFab 7.0.4.0 to copy the Main Movie into a folder I created on the desktop
                2. On my desktop, I double-clicked the icon, Nero StartSmart
                3. I then hit the button, Create and Edit
                4. I clicked Author, Edit, and Capture Video
                5. I chose Make DVD.... DVD Video
                6. Import Files (by the way, when I drag the files over, instead of browsing for them, I get an error window that says, "This program requires the file advrcntr2.dll which was not found on this system," but then it works anyway. But the 5th one still comes in as a slide show.
                7. I imported VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3, VTS_01_4, and VTS_01_5
                8. The 1st 4 import as 19-20 minute video installments, but # 5 imports as a Slide Slow. It should be a video, like the others. As I mentioned earlier, when I combined all the vob files, it imports the entire thing as a slide show.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Hi Greg. Do you think you could help me with your suggestion? I'm not sure if I have that Nero Burning Rom. Thanks.

Comment

I used to be a big fan on Nero as well, but since V7 or V8 it's been more of a hassle to use. I still do like using Nero Recode when I want a full DVD backup (with extras & menu) that needs compression if I'm using a SL DVD (Not much anymore) since it allows me to compress the menu & extras a lot, and use minimum on the main movie.

Give that a try if you have time. Pretty easy.
                    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (Stock)
                    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P w/ FD Bios
                    4MB G.Skill PC2-6400
                    nVidia GeForce GT 240

Comment

Hi. I tried the Nero Recode, but it said the DVD is copy-protected. Is that a dead-end?

Comment

Hi. I tried the Nero Recode, but it said the DVD is copy-protected. Is that a dead-end?
                        Did you have DVDFAB Passkey running in the background.?
                        If not do so and it should work.

Comment

Please ask for Nero assistance on the Nero Forums.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It is a problem with Nero Vision (which is what is being used to import the files). It doesn't always read the information in VOB's correctly. I've seen it do this with other VOB's when I've backed up my movies with other programs so it is not related to DVDFab.

If you have Nero Vision to Import the files, you should have Nero Burning ROM and it will be located in the same Start/Programs/ Nero folder as NeroVision. Copy the VOBS to the destination and create a DVD. You want custom menus with pictures of your kids and things with the movie files. Your should be able to create custom menus.

Comment

Working...
                            X