This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VSO Problem and Avatar Burn Problem

I had the "XP Internet Security 2010" rogue SW virus on my computer. I've had it removed but ever sense have had problems with DVDfab 7. It would copy the files from the source DVD then when it went to write it would lock the computer up and I would have to power down to restart the computer. I changed the write engine from VSO to Nero Burning and now it works OK except on AVATAR (DVD not BueRay). When it goes into Nero to write the DVD it just flashes the Windows Run Window then DVDFab says the write failed. If I then go to Nero Burning ROM and try to burn the files that were created by DVDfab, when I drag the Video_ts directory into the burn area I get the message "You have added DVD-Video content to a complation type that will not result in a DVD-Video complant disc. To create discs playable in standalone DVD-Video players, please use the DVD-Video complation type. I haven't figured out how to do what type say to do BUT if I ignore the message and burn anyway the disc will play on a computer but not on a standalone DVD player.

First how do I fix my corrupted VSO burn engine (I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling DVDfab 7 but that doesn't help)?

Second what do I need to do to burn AVATAR DVD?

I'm running XP Pro Service pack 2 with the latest version of DVDfab
    Attached Files

Download and use Imgburn within Fab instead of the VSO or Nero.

Imgburn is free and used by most of the *old* timers.

You are not the first to report this type of problem with Nero.

Comment

Also, to add to Grunon's advice, you may want to update to XP service pack 3
      Chris

Comment

Thanks a million Gruñón, that did the trick. I have copied Avatar with no problems us DVDFab 7 and Imgburn as it's default burn engine.

Comment

Originally posted by hurkeybird View Post
          Thanks a million Gruñón, that did the trick. I have copied Avatar with no problems us DVDFab 7 and Imgburn as it's default burn engine.
          Glad it worked for you.
          Thanks for taking time to post the results.

Comment

Working...
          X