This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab being flagged for TROJANS by ESET NOD32 Anti-Virus

I'm a paid customer of DVDFab and had installed your latest 7045Beta version which I have used without a problem for a few days.

I had left it running and when I came back a couple hours later it had successfully completed the DVD copy I was doing.

But when I started it up again, the DVDFab.exe file was gone from the DVDFab directory.

I uninstalled it and when I tried to reinstall, my antivirus program ESET NOD32 blocked the install and quarantined some of the files. It thinks you have a variant of Win32/Kryptik.EAB trojan in your program. Files it flagged and deleted during install were:

Temp\is-GU4EJ.tmp\DVDFab7045Beta.tmp
    DVDFab 7\Options\is-B0QEF.tmp
    DVDFab 7\Options\is-KMRTN.tmp
    DVDFab 7\Options\is-2UHBD.tmp
    DVDFab 7\is-JVFSO.tmp
    DVDFab 7\is-DH738.tmp
    Temp\is-GU4EJ.tmp\DVDFab7045Beta.tmp
    DVDFab 7\is-09FHQ.tmp
    DVDFab 7\is-PB4GT.tmp
    DVDFab7045Beta.tmp
    DVDFab 7\is-CAESU.tmp
    DVDFab 7\is-7T0QJ.tmp
    DVDFab 7\is-H85VJ.tmp
    DVDFab 7\is-GMC47.tmp
    Temp\is-424F1.tmp\DVDFab7045Beta.tmp
    DVDFab 7\is-GMC47.tmp
    DVDFab 7\DVDFab.exe

I tried installing DVDFab Version 6218 to see if the same thing happens and it did. This company is blocking your program based on the new virus signature it released today. This false positive could end up showing up in other anti-virus programs soon. ESET is a paid for, mainstream anti-virus program so I would address this ASAP.

This happened only as of today with the latest update of ESET's virus signature.

I can turn off anti-virus and reinstall, but it will still nuke DVDFab as soon as anti-virus is turned on. It quarantines the main EXE file when the program is installed already and quarantines the other install temp files documented above when doing an install.

Please advise.

Thanks

This is not a problem with Fab but with the A/V software and can only fixed by them.

Please address your request to them.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes, I did, But .........

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      This is not a problem with Fab but with the A/V software and can only fixed by them.

Please address your request to them.
      OK, I did send them a ticket, but I should think it is vital that your company knows what is going on since it could affect a significant portion of your user base if this is a newly identified trojan signature that flags DVDFab. Why wouldn't you find it to be of enough concern to also contact the other company to protect your user population that will be affected by this? They may drag their feet if one person contacts them, but act more swiftly and effectively if your operations contacts theirs. Until it is fixed I cannot run AV and DVDFab at the same time which surely is not desirable.

Comment

This forum is run by volunteers that have no commercial ties with Fab hence your request is out of our control.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Working...
          X