X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fab won't take media

Hello,

I have been using Fab for awhile. Only on certain movies it will read the entire disc and ask for a blank disc. When I put in a blank disc it will read it for about 10 seconds and spit it back out saying no media has been inserted. Its not the discs. It also doesn't do it on every disc only on random discs. I don't think its my burner because it will works with everything else.

Any suggestions? I just upgraded to 7.0.4.0. and it still does it.

Here is my burn vso file:

2010-04-28 16:39:02 ---- ******************** Log session stop 28-Apr 16:39:02.749 PID 2844********************
    2010-04-28 16:38:42 Info Disc ejected by user while parsing.
    2010-04-28 16:38:41 Info Parsing disc ...
    2010-04-28 10:16:48 Info No disc in drive.
    2010-04-28 10:01:20 Info Disc (DVD+R) not emtpy.
    2010-04-28 10:01:18 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
    2010-04-28 10:01:18 Info Drive has IDE-ATAPI physical interface
    2010-04-28 10:01:18 Info New Drive selected : 0:0:0 - TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M SB03 [H] (Usb)
    2010-04-28 09:59:59 Info Current Drive selected : 0:0:0 - TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M SB03 [H] (Usb)
    2010-04-28 09:59:59 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
    2010-04-28 09:59:59 Info System default language : English (United States)
    2010-04-28 09:59:59 Info User default language : English (United States)
    2010-04-28 09:59:59 Info DLL Version : 4.0.7.466
    2010-04-28 09:59:59 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\vso_hwe.dll
    2010-04-28 09:59:59 Info Version : 7, 0, 4, 0
    2010-04-28 09:59:59 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\DVDFab.exe
    2010-04-28 09:59:59 Info OS : Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)

js0811
    This may or may not help you but your drive has a firmware update the firmware you have now is 4 -years old you will find it here: http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_6..._SB06.exe.html
    If you do not know how to flash your drive then do not do it as it will render your drive useless.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I would also suggest to use ImgBurn instead of VSO. Here you can learn how:

sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

???

I downloaded and changed to imgburn. It's still doing it. I no for certain its not the blank discs, because I will save them and it will accept them later. I don't think its the movie either. I seems like its either a setting or my burner. What's so confusing is that it doesn't happen every time.

I'm not sure how to flash the drive and I'm worried I'll screw it up. If this is the likely cause I would try it though...

Any suggestions??? Ill try anything.

Comment

js0811

Have you tried to update your firmware on your burner as this can cause issues with drives accepting certain media BUTif you do not know how to do it please do not do it. Also do you have any more logs after you installed ImgBurn they may be helpful they will be named (DVD Fab ImgBurn).
          This very well may be your burner.
          Also if you have any burn logs that had a successful burn please post them.
          I just realized something in reviewing your logs again your running Vista SP1 you should update from Microsoft SP2 and try again.
          Please post back
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by js0811 View Post
            I'm not sure how to flash the drive and I'm worried I'll screw it up. If this is the likely cause I would try it though...Any suggestions??? Ill try anything.
            I just downloaded your firmware on my computer and tried to open it and got a message (this firmware is not compatible with the selected drive) as I do not have a Samsung SH-S182M drive in my computer.
            The good news is that the firmware comes with an installer like most of them do. This is totally up to YOU, if you want to install the new firmware.
            I can try to give you instructions on how to do this:
            Click the link provided http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_6..._SB06.exe.html, click SB06 and click RUN then RUN again, this should bring up the installer you select the drive you are going to update in your case would be (TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M) which is your H: Drive Samsung, you may have additional screens saying something like (you are going to flash (your drive) from SB03 to SB06 do you wish to continue you click YES ) after install you will be asked to restart your computer, restart and your done.
            Hope this helps you
            CBR929
            Last edited by CBR929; 04-30-2010, 03:15 PM. Reason: text

Comment

Working...
            X