• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leap Year

Won't copy. Is there a fix yet?

Not yet and the movie not released for retail sales until Tuesday

Comment

Copy of my log when trying to backup my Leap Year don't know if this helps.
      The box comes up and says error reading disk with options to retry or abort or ignore.

Below is all that was recorded inmy log file.

4m 34.94s: detected dvd
      4m 34.98s: drive E
      4m 34.98s: video dvd 1
      4m 34.98s: volume label LEAP_YEAR
      4m 35.17s: got copyright 1 fe
      4m 36.03s: got udf/iso
      4m 37.95s: got discinfo
      5m 46.56s: got dvdinfo

DVDFab 7.0.4.0 (2010/04/30 19:32:35)

0m 03.33s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

Comment

Originally posted by BeckyW View Post
        Copy of my log when trying to backup my Leap Year don't know if this helps.
        The box comes up and says error reading disk with options to retry or abort or ignore.
        Well, this is slightly different issue. This looks like reading hiccup. It could be dirty or defected disc. Clean disc and try again.
        Also, another less likely cause that this disc have no support yet (it wasn't officially released) and Fab don't know how to read this disc.
        So, I would clean and try again; if doesn't work - wait for official release and support; and if this doesn't work - return this disc for exchange.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

BeckyW
          You can send the logs to Fengtao to do this open Fab put your disc in and let the disc analyzing then click the green check top right under info click the send info files.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

or you can save to computer and zip those info files created by DVDFab and then attach them to your next post reply

Comment

Dear all,

Could you please try v7051beta and post dvdfab_internal log? Thanks.

Best Regards,
              Fengtao
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I am using 7051 and dvdfab will not even get past inital scanning.

Comment

My log is the same:

Below is all that was recorded inmy log file.

4m 34.94s: detected dvd
                  4m 34.98s: drive E
                  4m 34.98s: video dvd 1
                  4m 34.98s: volume label LEAP_YEAR
                  4m 35.17s: got copyright 1 fe
                  4m 36.03s: got udf/iso
                  4m 37.95s: got discinfo
                  5m 46.56s: got dvdinfo

0m 03.33s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1[/QUOTE]

Comment

If you click abort on the read error and then select the longer version, it rips.

Comment

re:

Originally posted by Railagainst View Post
                      If you click abort on the read error and then select the longer version, it rips.
                      can you explain what do you mean by "select the longer version"?????
                      i too am having problems with this one, and have tried everything previously mentioned as work-arounds with no success.

Comment

I tried 7.0.5.2 and cannot get past the initial scan. I don't even get to an error page.

Comment

it works thanks (click abort and then click on the version 6mins longer)

Comment

leap year when error comes up select abort then main movie then longest version

Comment

I had the same problem last week with a dvd, took the advice of a forum member to clean the disc and it worked not a problem, hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X