This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mao's Last Dancer

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems backing up this movie. Any issues that I have had in the past are usually fixed by upgrading to the latest version of DVDFab. In this case I went from v7.0.3.0 to 7.0.4.0 but the problem remains the same.

After I select my title, audio and subpicture streams, head to the next screen and click 'start' to begin the process, it can't get passed DVD analysis step and stops with a read error. Though the movie plays fine in my player. I read that Pathplayer may sometimes cause problems but I always have it set to "Enable Pathplayer when necessary".

Does anyone have any suggestions or experienced something similar before?

Thank you

roach76
    Try setting your path player to always enable.
    You can try the latest beta you will find it here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5183
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The fact it plays on your standalone player is a moot point.
      Damaged disc that can not be copied will still play.

A read error is usually caused by dirty - scratched - or otherwise defective disc.
      Could also be a dirty dvd reader.

Download VSO Inspector and test the disc for errors.
      If Inspector shows errors the disc is most likley impossible to copy.

If you could post a log it may help to see what is going on.

Also do as 929 say and set pathplayer to always enabled.. Never set to what you have now ...

Comment

And download and install latest beta, 7.0.5.1
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks guys for the speedy response, I'll give all your suggestions a try and I'll let you know how it went. Thanks again!

Comment

Hi guys,

I followed through with all your suggestions and unfortunately the result is still the same, just gets stuck on the analysis of the DVD. Though this time I attached the process log file. There's not much in the log file because I just turned logging back on so I can attach the file into this forum. I notice there is an error code, is there a list I can refer this code to?

Thanks again
            Attached Files
            Last edited by roach76; 05-04-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

102 is a read error which indicates a disk proble, either dirty, bad press or something like that.

There is a list of error codes on this furum in the Knowledge Base section.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I guess there's a physical issue with the disc because I tried cleaning it before. Also I guess my DVD player is playing it fine because I just go straight to the movie and watch it where I believe when DVDFab does an analysis it probably starts at the first title and that's where the defect is??

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!! I'll look at the error code list too.

Comment

Working...
                X