X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no joy with Leap Year Region 1

I tried sending info through DVDFab but the e-mail bounces back

It shows the popup 'Open DVD source' until it eventually produces an error popup titled 'Reading/Writing Error Control' that reads 'Error while reading! Please choose what to do?'. Whichever I choose, Retry, Abort, Ignore or Ignore All it will not finish opening the source

There doesn't appear to be any relevant logs because it doesn't get past the initial open DVD source

I'm on Windows Vista SP2 and haven't had any trouble before this one
    Last edited by Fred_Fish; 05-04-2010, 04:27 PM. Reason: mispleling

Here's the Zip files

Same here with my copy, attached is the zip files. The disc is good.

Edit" forgot to mention if I click Abort it opens the disc but when I click start it hangs at 45% of the secondary scan.
    Testing a different program and had no problem.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W&B; 05-04-2010, 04:55 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

There is nothing in the release notes of V7052 about supporting Leap Year .

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Fish View Post

It shows the popup 'Open DVD source' until it eventually produces an error popup titled 'Reading/Writing Error Control' that reads 'Error while reading! Please choose what to do?'. Whichever I choose, Retry, Abort, Ignore or Ignore All it will not finish opening the source

There doesn't appear to be any relevant logs because it doesn't get past the initial open DVD source

I'm on Windows Vista SP2 and haven't had any trouble before this one
        Same thing with my copy. Ripping with V7051

Comment

Please try this:
          Download latest (7.0.5.2) beta from here: http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA

When downloaded, please close all other apps and install DVDFab "as Administrator". At the end of installation, when prompted to start DVDFab, please don't. When installed, restart the computer (preferably cold restart).
          When computer back up and running, start DVDFab "as Administrator" and try your job again.
          If problems persist, post your logs here.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Fish View Post
            I've had this problem previously as well(not with this DVD). Is the email address to DVDFab possibly set incorrectly in the software?? If so what IS the appropriate email address to send the pertinent files to???

Comment

Originally posted by markarich159 View Post
              I've had this problem previously as well(not with this DVD). Is the email address to DVDFab possibly set incorrectly in the software??
              This is something on Fengtao's end, he'll fix it. I've already posted the info for Leap Year region1 disc so hopefully a fix will be in the next beta but in some rare cases the devs may have to get the original disc, it's not the first time a protection has manifested as a read/write error.

Start a thread for your problem disc and post the logs for it, click the link in my sig for "tips on troubleshooting...", usually the problem is resolved by following Maineman's advice.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                This is something on Fengtao's end, he'll fix it. I've already posted the info for Leap Year region1 disc so hopefully a fix will be in the next beta but in some rare cases the devs may have to get the original disc, it's not the first time a protection has manifested as a read/write error.

Start a thread for your problem disc and post the logs for it, click the link in my sig for "tips on troubleshooting...", usually the problem is resolved by following Maineman's advice.
                Thanks W&B, I wasn't addressing a current problem with a particular disc, just wondering if , in the future, I needed to send files directly to DVDFab, I would have the correct email address.

Comment

i have the newest version of beta and same problem. tried a couple of things including disabling path player/enabling and also trying full vs main movie. i know fentago knows about this problem, but just logging it

also tried rebooting and running as administrator as noted above.

thanks,

Comment

Having the same issues with "Daybreakers"

The same problems everyone is having with "Leap Year" I am having them with "Daybreakers". Just letting you guys know. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X