This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big problem burning

I need somebody to help with my DVD Fab. If copying the movie but it's telling me that it failed to burn and if it doesn't say that, then it's telling me something to do with media. What should I do.

Hi prican1493,

We'll be happy to try and help you, but no one will have any idea where to start.

Please read over the
    Help Us Help You thread
    (click on the link in my sig below).

Post back right here with specifics.
    The devil's in the details...

//Edit
    I'm also moving your thread to the DVD to DVD subforum
    Last edited by maineman; 05-06-2010, 02:54 AM. Reason: Moving thread
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Okay one error message that I got on DVD Fab seven when I downloaded it is to insert a dual layered disc and yesterday when I tried to burn Sherlock Holmes, on DVD Fab six, it told me straight up failure to burn. Really I didn't know what to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by prican1493 View Post
        Okay one error message that I got on DVD Fab seven when I downloaded it is to insert a dual layered disc and yesterday when I tried to burn Sherlock Holmes, on DVD Fab six, it told me straight up failure to burn. Really I didn't know what to do with that.
        Post the information asked of you in post #2
        No one can help without some information from you.

Comment

Here's the thing guys, I am paralyzed from the neck down and I'm doing this by pure voice command. So this is a little hard for me. So if you can guide me through this very slowly step-by-step, I would really appreciate it.

Comment

prican1493
            What we are looking for, are your burn logs The default location is:
            C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.

Please just copy and paste the burn log(s) and post right here.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

maineman, thanks all a lot!

It was the DMA. All I had to do was hit the reset. Like I said I'm paralyze from the neck down and sometimes it gets a little frustrating for me but I really do appreciate it. Now that solves one problem. Now the next problem is, on DVD Fab seven, it copies the movie but when it's ready to burn, it is asking me for a dual layer disc. How do I change that option?

Comment

Oh! I almost forgot. What made the DMA act crazy like that?

Comment

prican1493
                  Are you using the trial version or is it a paid version? You can check if the paid version by opening Fab click the little blue ? and then click about and post back what it says under the option you have bought.
                  But if it is the free version, after 30 days you will not be able to compress the movies and will have to use dual layer disc's
                  Hope this helps
                  CBR929

The DMA was caused by your drive errors, after 6 errors I think it reverts to PIO mode
                  Last edited by CBR929; 05-06-2010, 10:59 PM.
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Oh no this is definitely well-paid for but since I got it, that's what it's been doing. I have to revert to DVD Fab six to do my burning. Let me try that? And see what happens. I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for the info on the DMA...

Comment

prican1493

Another thing to check, after analyzing make sure that DVD5 is selected on the bottom for your quality settings. This can also be changed in Fab you click the little green check check mark top right > DVD to DVD > on the left and the DVD output size on the top select DVD5

Hope this helps and I am very sorry about your situation.
                      God Bless
                      CBR929

Comment

Originally posted by prican1493 View Post
                        I have to revert to DVD Fab six to do my burning.
                        Why are you revert to DVDFab 6? Both DVDFab 6 and 7 can coexist because installed in different directories. You can have both at a same time.
                        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

In the DVD to DVD section it says-Tomas Martin-license number-then for enabled it says yes and then it says that it will never expire. Then below that DVD to mobile it says the same. Then the other ones it says trial version.

Comment

Unless my memory is faulty, and it surely may be, Fab6 won't handle the single disk version of Sherlock Holmes. It took a recent update to version 7 to deal with it.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

You know it's weird ipopov50. When I first got DVD Fab fives, it did great! Then came DVD Fab six and I left the five version. And the funny part about it is that what six couldn't copy, five could. So I did the same for seven but the thing of it since I got seven it hasn't worked for nothing not even once. It'll copy the movie but it will not burn it. It keeps asking me for a dual disc.

Comment

Working...
                              X