This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu audio not copying over

All of the dvd's Ive copied using 7.0.6.0 have no audio in the menu even though the original discs have audio in the menu.

Any ideas why it isnt copying over properly?

For instance, was making a backup copy of Cars since my nephews seems to destroy our dvd of it every few weeks/months.
    But its not just Cars. Like I said every disc with menu audio does this. The menu copies just fine but there is no audio.

Not a big problem, but was just curious. The rest of the movie plays fine.

Oh yeah, Im running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
    Last edited by kaorikaze; 05-18-2010, 10:26 PM. Reason: Include OS info

Originally posted by kaorikaze View Post
    All of the dvd's Ive copied using 7.0.6.0 have no audio in the menu even though the original discs have audio in the menu.

Any ideas why it isnt copying over properly?

For instance, was making a backup copy of Cars since my nephews seems to destroy our dvd of it every few weeks/months.
    But its not just Cars. Like I said every disc with menu audio does this. The menu copies just fine but there is no audio.

Not a big problem, but was just curious. The rest of the movie plays fine.

Oh yeah, Im running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Are you copying this to your HD or to a DVD??

What are you using for playback??

What are your audio settings??

Until we know the details, there's not much we can say...

DC

Comment

I was copying it to a disc, but when the menu audio didn't copy over, I tried it again but saved it to the harddrive.

I used 2 different programs to open the DVD folder with. The first being VLC as its what I normally use. The second being Cyberlink Powerdvd8.

As for audio settings, Im not sure exactly what your looking for.
      But my audio card is the one that came with my alienware m-17x.

Comment

Originally posted by kaorikaze View Post
        I was copying it to a disc, but when the menu audio didn't copy over, I tried it again but saved it to the harddrive.

I used 2 different programs to open the DVD folder with. The first being VLC as its what I normally use. The second being Cyberlink Powerdvd8.

As for audio settings, Im not sure exactly what your looking for.
        But my audio card is the one that came with my alienware m-17x.

The set-up I was referring to is the setup you have on your computer as the default for playing any audio.

Mono... stereo...5.1... DTS...surround sound...

If your system is set for, say, DTS because that's what you like listening to, the DVD menus are all in stereo, which means a DTS setup won't play them back...

When making a disc, do you have a set-top player that you've tried these on? Do the menus have audible audio (the copies, that is)?

The audio for the menu is multiplexed in with the menu's video, so none of it is being lost as long as you have video on-screen... there pretty much has to be something about your setup that's causing this...

DC

Comment

Working...
        X