This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, a simple question?

For along time now, I have been copying everything compressed on DVD5. It suddenly occured to me that I may be missing parts of the of the main movie. Would I benefit by doing all on DVD 9 sparing the expense,of course. Thanks to all who answer before you answer...

The amount of compression applied is dependent on any number of factors such as original bitrate, size/quality of the monitor or TV, etc., etc., and the viewer's own eyesight and what is deemed decent quality.

Having said this, most of us old duffers don't go below about 80%, but agian, huge difference between watching a tv rerun and Avatar as to "quality".

Are you missing anything?
    Well, not any physical portions of the movie.
    Special features, sure...and are you missing out on viewing pleasure?...again your call.

Hope this helps.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thank you very much, MaineMan. You have answered my question without confusing me as I am essentially lost when something breaks....

Comment

Glad to help
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X