This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab crashes when opening a disc

I've been using DVD fab for a couple years now. I've been running Windows 7 since it was released without problem.

Today, I popped in Madagascar 2 to make a backup. After about 15-30sec while trying to open this disc, I get the generic Windows 7 error: [program name] has stopped working... Windows is checking for a solution...

My only option is to close the program.

I have been successful with other discs. I don't think it is an issue with the latest version, because I had the problem with Madagascar 2 before I upgraded today. My previous version was DVD Fab 7 from about 2 months ago.

Where can I find crash report data? The log files don't have anything helpful in them that I can see.

Thanks!

Download VSO Inspector [free] and scan the disc for errors.
    This will confirm or eliminate the source disc as the problem.

Comment

Thanks. I'm running VSO inspector on the disc now. I ran a 'scan' and it is running into a bunch of errors reading many of the sectors. It gives an estimated time remaining of 12 hours.

Is this copy protection scheme that is causing this? The disc plays fine in my dvd player, but for some reason the software is not able to decrypt it.

Any recommendations on how to proceed?

Thanks!
      Last edited by ckallen; 05-23-2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

It sounds more like a bad press/faulty disk.

Try playing it with a software player before you do the VSO scan.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

works in my crappy home dvd player, but not on my PC. If the disc was faulty would it play on my tv just fine?

Comment

yes it can.

Ripping demands far better readability that set top players.

The fact that it won't play on your PC indicates to me that there is something wrong with the disk or your drive.

Try and play another title on your PC and if it plays OK, that will rule your drive out as a problem.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i can play and rip other titles. must be the disc. thanks for your help.

Comment

Please post latest minidump available in c:\windows\minidump.
                人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Working...
                X