This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Old Dogs

I also can not copy old dogs.... have the latest version 7.0.6.2 I try to copy main movie, get a list of like 20+ angles... no matter which one i choose it does not copy. I have a lifetime paid subscription

When I try to play any of the angles i get read errors.... when I try full disc copy tells me the quality is 14% then when i tell it to copy i get read errors.

Post moved to its own thread.
    The thread you posted on has been dormant for over 2 months.

Comment

Help.....

See my first post please......

Comment

Originally posted by Andyt2 View Post
        I also can not copy old dogs.... have the latest version 7.0.6.2 I try to copy main movie, get a list of like 20+ angles... no matter which one i choose it does not copy. I have a lifetime paid subscription

When I try to play any of the angles i get read errors.... when I try full disc copy tells me the quality is 14% then when i tell it to copy i get read errors.

If none of what I'm going to suggest works, we'll need a lot more info than you've provided so far...

1.) Make sure your source disk is CLEAN!!

(Not counting scratches... there's little you can do about them... but they can generate errors too, and any store isn't likely to take the DVD back, unless you can prove the scratches happened in the store).

If you still get read errors, download either VSO Inspector or Nero Disc Speed (both freebies on the web), and run a scan on your source disk.

Any errors you see from that will indicate that your source disk is bad, and no matter what you try, you probably won't be able to copy it.

Please let us know.

DC

P.S. That'll be the time to trot it back to where you bought it from, and get a replacement.
        Last edited by DarthCopier; 05-26-2010, 02:23 AM.

Comment

did that

I did that already, no issues found, I can exchange the disc will try that. But have seen this problem before.... (trying to copy main movie) and see like 20+ files listed and it was fixed when you updated the software. It was the copy protection on the disc. I will try to return and get another copy but still think it is in the protection scheme. Will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyt2 View Post
            I will try to return and get another copy but still think it is in the protection scheme. Will let you know.
            If it were copy protection there would be dozens of post screaming for a fix and that has not happened.

I made a copy with no problems of any kind.
            R1 R4
            Movie only.

You either have a defective disc or reader/burner problem.

Post a log.

Comment

do you have Pathplayer set as always enabled for this movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                If it were copy protection there would be dozens of post screaming for a fix and that has not happened.

I made a copy with no problems of any kind.
                R1 R4
                Movie only.

You either have a defective disc or reader/burner problem.

Post a log.
                Just to back up what you said, NO problems at all here, R4 movie only pathplayer enabled.

Not that I would scream though.

Comment

old dogs

Ok I exchanged the disc and got the same problem...20+ angles show up... //Edited//...

I see on another post that someone also has the same problem but there is a new beta out so I will dload it and try again. Will let you know.
                  Last edited by maineman; 05-28-2010, 12:23 PM. Reason: Content prohibited

Comment

have 7.0.6.2 When I tried to backup Old Dogs I got this message:
                    (A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Every Time I try it. I have restarted the computer and the program..
                    I have pathfinder enabled
                    Everything else seems to work ok for other backups.
                    I have cleaned the disk

Comment

Here is something Odd... I ran 6.2.1.8 and it is backing up Old Dogs... What's up with that?

"IT WORKED"
                      Last edited by dansan1000; 05-28-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dansan1000 View Post
                        Here is something Odd... I ran 6.2.1.8 and it is backing up Old Dogs... What's up with that?
                        A problem that was solved with latest version 7.0.6.5.

Comment

fixed

Ok the new beta.... Old dogs coppied no problems. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                          X