This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add menu with Merge function? Help!

Trying to use Merge function to put three short DVD's on to one DVD and add a simple menu so I can go directly to any of the three movies on the finished DVD disc. I understand that Merge does not have a menu adding possibility built-in. Found some mentions on using TitleWriter to add menus with Merge, but no real explaination on how to do this. Does anyone know of a simple easy to follow tutorial on doing this with TitleWriter and DVDFab Merge? I've become completely bogged down trying to follow the advice which comes with TitleWriter.

The other option I have been trying is using DVD-lab PRO 2, good tutorials but same results!

I have had no problems in using DVDFab Merge to copy the three DVD's to hard drive and then burning them to one DVD disc, in fact it works fine, but I'd really like to add a menu so one can go directly to movie of choice.

Thanks for any and all advice and help. Dad

You might try Rapid Menu Writer......

Rapid Menu Writer is a wizard for creating very simple DVD menus.Rapid Menu Writer is fast and efficient! It can add a menu to a DVD in seconds, and uses only a fraction of your hard disk space.Examples of how Rapid Menu Writer can be used include:adding a menu to a DVD merged by DVDFabadding a m...

Titlewriter is a very simple program to use . Much simpler than dvdfabs merge feature.
    I do not understand what the problem is.

Comment

TitleWriter & DVDFab Merge, again.

Thanks for your response Grunon. I don't know what the problem is either. My brain is going in circles trying to figure out how to get TitleWriter to make and add a simple menu to a compilation of three short DVD's which I have put on the hard drive using DVDFab Merge function. The Merge part went fine and I have been able to burn the three DVD files (folders?) to one single layer blank DVD disc.

What I want to do is put a menu at the beginning of the DVD with buttons and names, so I can go directly to any of the three separate performance videos, instead of chapter jumping or fast forwarding to get from A to B to C.

If I fail completely with TitleWriter I'll try Rapid Menu Writer as you suggested, however in the mean time is it possibly that you or someone else who has experience with TitleWriter in doing the above can post a short basic tutorial on how it's done?

My computer is a PC using Windows Vista 64 bit, DVDFab works fine on it, and as best I can tell TitleWriter is installed correctly and is also working. It took me some time and practice to learn to use DVDFab but can now use it with reasonable confidance (have to say though that the online tutorials available were of considerable help!) and feel I can do the same with TitleWriter.

Thank you.

Comment

I am not good at step by step instructions but maineman is a user of titlewriter and is very good at explaining the use of software.
        I will send him a link to this thread..

BTW I tried Rapid Menu and found it harder to use so maybe you want to forget I mentioned it.

Comment

TitleWriter - DVDFab Merge.

Thanks for that very swift response Grunon, looking forward to hearing from Mainman. (Or anyone else.)

Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dad View Post
            Thanks for that very swift response Grunon, looking forward to hearing from Mainman. (Or anyone else.)

Dad.
            Hi Dad,

Glad you added "Or anyone else", cuz you you definitely don't want my explanation...lol
            I did D/L the app quite a while ago from a link here on the forum, but never installed it, so my experience is zero, nilch, nada.

I'm trying to remember who posted the link...that's who we need.
            Don't worry, it's gotta be one of "us old farts".
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

TitleWriter & DVDFab Merge.

Hi Mainman,

Thanks, this old fart (it really applies in my Case) will wipe the sweat of his what-ever and await further responses!

Dad.

Comment

Working...
              X