This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to play backed up dvd copies on my new PS3 slim

I am very frustrated and need your help. I have backed-up several of my dvd's onto dvd+r dual layer discs, which have file sizes on the disc up to nearly the 8.5gb size on the blank media. I used the DVDFab "DVD to DVD" with Nero.

All of my backed up movies work on my old Sony dvd player and all work on my new LG Blu-Ray player. But, I just bought a PS3 Slim and the problem is that while some of the backed up movies work, several backed-up movies do not work on the PS3 Slim. These movies are Star Trek, Star Wars (Episodes 1-3), Terminator Salvation, Star Wars-Clone Wars. When I try to play these movies on the PS3 Slim, they just hang. I do not get any playback whatsoever. Yet, when I play these same movies on my other two dvd players from above, these back-up copies work fine. Additionally, when I play these same movies with the original disc, not the back-up, they work fine on the PS3 Slim. I would rather use the back-up, rather than the original because I want to keep the original copy locked away in pristine condition, especially with my 2 year old son running around.

I have the latest firmware up date on my PS3, version 3.3. I am at a loss. Please help.

I think that you would get more help on the PS3 forums as it is obviously not a problem with Fab or how you are burning them as they work on the other two devices.

This forum is for DVD Fab, not PS3's.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
    X