X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to Create Directory Error

Hello,

Since upgrading to Windows 7 I have been unable to burn DVD to DVD using multiple versions of DVDFab.

DVD Fab installs and runs, but upon attempting to backup/burn one of my DVD's I always receive the following error (also see attachments):

"Failed to create directory"
    C:\Users\DVDFab\Temp\FullDisc\THE_HANGOVER\

I have tried multiple DVD's and software versions as they become available and the resulting error is always the same.

Optical Drives (DVD ROM & DVD Burner)
    Sorry, no log files seem to exist - I don't think it gets that far.

Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Every response from the customer support email is to wait for the next release of DVD Fab.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

This sounds to me like user rights on that directory being denied by the O/S.

As a test, try it again but do this:-

When you go to start Fab, right click on the icon, then "Run as Administrator" and report back the results.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi rrfan30,

Please change "temp folder" in "Settings -> General" window to see the result.

Best Regards,
      Fengtao
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy & Fengtao for your quick replies. I ran DVDFab as an admin and everything worked perfectly!

Man, such a simple fix. I was not even thinking about folder permissions - just focusing on the app. Not sure why my permissions are set up that way, but I'll get that taken care of now that I know what it is.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X