This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media issue

This morning I used v6.0.1.0 to copy and burn 'The Red Baron'. No problems. I had an issue with 'Old Dogs' ~ wouldn't open DVD source.

I renewed my subscription this afternoon. I now have v7.0.6.7 and I still have issues with 'Old Dogs'.

I am 99.99% sure the ImgBurn block was checked for installation when I completed my renewal. I attempted to follow troy512's post on Setting up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together, but I get the message "Failed to locate ImgBurn Program". So maybe it didn't install?

I insert the 'Old Dogs' DVD into the drive, launch DVDFab7. Specifiy Region Code screen appears. Click OK. After DVD source opens I get a screen with "DVD9". When I put the blank media in, the "Detecting writeable media" block appears then the media is ejected with the message "No media detected in drive". I push the tray back in, it is ejected a second time with the message "Media inserted is single layer. Please insert a double layer media".

If I try to change DVD9 to DVD5, I am told "DVD to DVD option is expired. Please buy or new at..." which I thought I did this afternoon.

When I first launched v7.0.6.7, there was no "Trial Dialog" block with a "Enter Register Code" button. There was no place to paste my registration key.

I hope someone out there understands what I'm doing because I sure don't. Any help will be most sincerely appreciated.

TIA!

Have read of my "Registration Key Problems?" thread in the Answers to Common Questions section of this forum and follow the procedures there.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

moviecritic,
      couple of comments in addition to GregiBoy's recommendations. It seems you have afew unrelated issues and I'll try to clarify situation.

aa. ImgBurn. There is no option "Download and install ImgBurn" during DVDFab installation. There is an option for VSO. However, you do need to download, install and pare-up with DVDFab following instructions you were mentioned.

bb. In regards to registration. Most important is to install "as Administrator" and run "as Administrator". Also, you don't have to copy and paste your key (although, it's a valid way of registering), but you can also just double-click on your key icon when DVDFab is open and "Welcome window" is open as well.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

GregiBoy this was just what I needed to do. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X