This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apocalypse Now Redux any help appreciated

I tried to copy it with no luck at all. I bought another copy. I know it is unscratched and new. I finally was able to have dvdfab copy it to split
    on 2 dvds. it wrote them. they do not play. they show the menu. the menu does not 'go'. i am going to try it again with pathplayer disabled temporarily if i can figure out how to do that. any help i can get i would appreciate.

Are the files intact on the hdd?...play ok with a software player?..recommend VLC.
    Perhaps if you post the burn logs we can spot something.

I've never been a fan of the auto split function...either split or custom split, but that's just me...too many structure issues.
    I haven't split in years, but I'd recommend doing it manually in Customize Mode.
    You can configure the discs with any titles you wish..retaining or not, menus, special features.
    Last edited by maineman; 06-06-2010, 08:13 PM. Reason: typo
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

hmmm, i'm still working on it. with a split i managed two dvds. they did not play. i copied them again each as a single main movie only. dvd one played fine. i watched the first half of the movie. but dvd 2 no luck. so now im working on how to get the last half of the movie on a dvd. as i am not so good with the dvd fab i will have to try again only choose maybe the missing chapters? i sure wish i could use it better!!

Comment

well no luck so far. i do not know how to do a log of it. when i put the dvd in and tell it to copy whole disk. it copies. then when i put in a blank dvd it says no failed do you want to try again.
        like the blank dvd is not the right kind? i tried many brands.
        i do not know the difference between the writing at a 5 or writing at a 9
        perhaps that is the problem? i set it to write at a 5
        i am using the correct blanks. but every time it fails.
        that is why i used the split function and that worked for dvd 1 but dvd 2 wont play.
        im so confused.
        has anyone else ever copied the dvd Apocalypse Now Redux?
        if so where is the info? can anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by jeantownsend View Post
          when i put the dvd in and tell it to copy whole disk. it copies.
          This does not sound like a decrypting failure;
          it appears the movie ripped just fine.
          I don't have this flick, but I've not heard of anyone else having trouble.

Please playback the movie from your hdd with VLC. Just right click on the movie folder and select VLC to open.

Please post a couple of burn logs...hopefully, this will answer many of our questions.

The default location is:
          C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Just copy and paste 2 of 'em right here. You can also use something like Notepad, but just select 2 of the logs, otherwise it'll be too large.

Not to worry, you'll get better with this stuff. It's not difficult, but like anything, can have a steep learning curve early on.
          Recommend you spend some time looking over the Fab tutorial (click on the ? mark icon upper right of the opening screen).
          You should familiarize youreself with some of the terminology too, it'll make life much easier.

For eg., dvd5 = single layer disc = 4.37 (or 4.38) GB measured in binary (log base 2) or what your pc says.
          The manufacturer reports this as 4.7 GB, measured in decimal (log base 10... they cheat, but technically don't lie....nice huh?).
          A DL disc (dvd9) has 2 layers and essentially double the capacity of an SL disc and are usually quite a bit more expensive.

Google is your friend...
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X