This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade trinity

Getting some sort of read/bad sector error on BLADE TRINITY.

Anyone willing to help me troubleshoot?

I will post up there error shortly once this other disc is completed.

Yeah, have a read of Maineman's troubleshooting guide first though. That may help you.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

that1guynick
      The troubleshooting guide GregiBoy is referring to will be found here
      the error code list will be found here

If you are still having problems please post your logs The default location is:
      C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.
      Hope this helps
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Oh, Brilliant! Went through all the steps, cleaned it up, pathplayer settings, nothing worked.

Tried the last ditch Reset DMA, rebooted, and it's now working like a champ.

So what happened, it auto-downgraded to PIO at some point in the course of my mass-ripping my collection?

Comment

Originally posted by that1guynick View Post
          Oh, Brilliant! Went through all the steps, cleaned it up, pathplayer settings, nothing worked.

So what happened, it auto-downgraded to PIO at some point in the course of my mass-ripping my collection?
          The answer is yes after 6 CRC errors your drive reverts to PIO mode which causes all sorts of problems
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Yep...

When Windoze has trouble reading a disk, after a number of attempts, it sets it to PIO.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hmm...well, it got past the analyzing part that time, but about 25% into the rip, I get the same:

"Error while reading! Please choose what to do?"

log doesnt say much other than:

got copyright 1 fe
              got udf/iso
              got discinfo
              got dvdinfo

Comment

that1guynick
                Maybe it's a bad disc it is not uncommon. Did you try cleaning the disc??

Comment

Originally posted by that1guynick View Post

Hmmm... brilliant hardly, helpful?...yes to many, but we always appreciate sarcasm from those who ask for our help.

As previously stated, this is a windoz issue and is caused by CRC errors.
                  Windoz will sequentially degrade the rate of data transfer until maxing out at 6 CRC errors at which point, you'll be stuck in PIO mode.

There's also the unlikely possibility that your hdd(s) has (have) slipped into PIO.

You can uninstall your ODD's (burners) in device manager from your ATA controllers (be certain to select the correct channel).
                  You can also power down, physically unplug the ODD's, power up, power down, replug and windoz will reinstall and assign appropriate drivers.

Also, you can run the .VBS Script file (link in the Tips thread), but perhaps you were dazzled by the brilliance of the thread and didn't get that far.

Lastly, exchange the disc where you bought it (also...one of the tips) or use it for skeet practice.
                  Last edited by maineman; 06-07-2010, 04:25 AM. Reason: fixed typo
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I have this DVD and the latest DVDFab has no problems with ripping it so if your disc is clean with no fingerprints or scratches and you tried with pathplayer disabled as well then it will probably be a bad disc and will need to be exchanged for another.

Comment

Working...
                    X