This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to copy "Surrogates"

Good Morning! Have been laboring though the night trying to copy Surrogates. At times unable to open movie and get errors note with retry, ignore, etc. Using ignore and ignore all does not correct problem. Other time have gotten through opening only for the same thing to happen while copying movie, again errors, ignore, retry, ignore all comes up and doe not correct problem. Have tried full movie, main movie only,clone and same thing on all of them. Cleaned disc, path player on and off, DL disc used(Verbatim), +R and -R Disc tried; nothing seems to work. I would be happy to attach logs but cant seem to figure out how to do it.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance... Everything else seems to copy without problem; Shutter Island,From Paris With Love, etc...
    Last edited by oldpacman; 06-10-2010, 02:20 PM.

Hi oldpacman,

Surrogates will rip just fine with Fab. Given your comments, I'd say there's an excellent chance you have a bum disc.
    Please run through my thread:

I know you tried several of these already.
    If still no luck, go with #6 and exchange the disc.

Re: logs

The default location is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Just copy and paste the relevent portion...or use something like Notepad, but again only the relevant parts, otherwise the file size will probably exceed the "forum" limitations for posting
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for gettingto me so quickly Maineman.. I took orginal disc and atempted to play on my computer. It worked fine until 25.25 into the movie when it locked up and would not play any longer. No messages, just the lock up... If this qualifies as a bum disc then you hit the nail on the head. Will just have to go back to my supplier and have a bit of a argument to get an new disc. Many thanks again, you guys are the greatest...

Comment

Hey no problem, we're glad to help.
        Besides, "us old-timers" have to stick together

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I thought it was "Old Farts"
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            I thought it was "Old Farts"
            Quite right.
            For you and I, it is "old farts", but
            oldpacman is welcome to join our "exclusive" club if he'd like...lol

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              Quite right.
              For you and I, it is "old farts", but
              oldpacman is welcome to join our "exclusive" club if he'd like...lol
              No really, you definitely need somebody else in your "exclusive" club to keep Gregi company while you are up high and deep in the mountains
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by oldpacman View Post
                Thanks for gettingto me so quickly Maineman.. I took orginal disc and atempted to play on my computer. It worked fine until 25.25 into the movie when it locked up and would not play any longer. No messages, just the lock up... If this qualifies as a bum disc then you hit the nail on the head. Will just have to go back to my supplier and have a bit of a argument to get an new disc. Many thanks again, you guys are the greatest...
                If they give you a problem just tell the the exact time it locks up as you have proof the DVD. They can just watch it and see for themselves but you should not have any problems as I have exchanged many defective DVDs without issues

Comment

I am definitely a member of the club. "Old Farts never Die they Just Smell That Way", a good title fora movie in the The Grumpy Old Men Series don't you think?

My wife says I got enough gas to fill the Goodyear Blimp, I have to agree with her for a change.

Thanks again for a;; your help. Remember this, Old Farts Can Strike At Any Time...

Comment

Working...
                  X