This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big problem with dvdfab7.o7

Okay here's the problem. I'm copying a movie and it doesn't matter which kind. After it copies it to the computer, I put in a blank disc, the disk drive spits it right back out and a blue screen pops up and says: no media detected in drive, please insert a compatible disc to start the write process.

And can someone tell me how can I take a copy or a picture of the error message to place on the new thread?

What you should do is tell us if this is DVD or Blu-ray and then we can give you suggestions on what to do also read what is listed below and post the info asked to your next post reply to this thread

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

23:22:23: Analyzing of DVD started
      23:22:32: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
      23:22:32: Copy process started
      23:38:13: Copy process completed successfully
      23:39:04: Burn DVD folder (C:\Documents and Settings\MBLANTON\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\FullDisc\SHUTTER_ISLAND\) started
      23:40:27: Burn DVD folder (C:\Documents and Settings\MBLANTON\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\FullDisc\SHUTTER_ISLAND\) started
      23:40:46: Task_2 failed! Error=105

Comment

prican1493
        23:40:46: Task_2 failed! Error=105

105 HWS_TOOBIG 5 // Files are too big to fit on a DVD+/-R(W)
        Please give more information and post your logs The default location is:
        C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

And do you have DVD5 selected, not DVD9?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

And you do have paid version of DVDFab, not an expired trial?
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              And you do have paid version of DVDFab, not an expired trial?
              It's paid IPopov50
              I have helped him before and if I can remember he had a very similar problem
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                It's paid IPopov50
                I have helped him before and if I can remember he had a very similar problem
                CBR929
                You never know, it could of being expired subscription turned into decrypter too
                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                  You never know, it could of being expired subscription turned into decrypter too
                  True could you look at his other posts as it is hard for him to give us info
                  CBR929

Comment

@prican1493

I moved your thread to the DVD to DVD section where it belongs that way you get better help

Comment

217m 24.36s: detected dvd
                      217m 24.39s: drive D
                      217m 24.39s: video dvd 1
                      217m 24.39s: volume label HP_PRISONER_OF_AZKABAN_DISC1
                      217m 24.59s: got copyright 0 0
                      217m 25.40s: got udf/iso
                      217m 26.14s: got discinfo
                      218m 10.67s: got dvdinfo

Comment

2010-06-14 20:46:28 ---- ******************** Log session stop 14-Jun 20:46:28.254 PID 4836********************
                        2010-06-14 20:45:40 Info No disc in drive.
                        2010-06-14 20:44:10 Info No disc in drive.
                        2010-06-14 20:27:53 Info Disc (DVD-ROM) not emtpy.
                        2010-06-14 20:25:21 Info Disc (DVD-ROM) not emtpy.
                        2010-06-14 20:25:18 Info Parsing disc ...
                        2010-06-14 17:11:50 Info No disc in drive.
                        2010-06-14 17:10:34 Info No disc in drive.
                        2010-06-14 16:54:14 Info Disc (DVD-ROM) not emtpy.
                        2010-06-14 16:54:12 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R
                        2010-06-14 16:54:12 Info Drive has Serial ATA physical interface
                        2010-06-14 16:54:12 Info New Drive selected : 1:0:0 - TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B D300 [D] (Ide)
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B D300 [D] (Ide)
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 Info System default language : English (United States)
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 Info User default language : English (United States)
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 Info DLL Version : 4.0.7.466
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\vso_hwe.dll
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 Info Version : 7, 0, 7, 0
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\DVDFab.exe
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
                        2010-06-14 16:47:58 ---- ******************** Log session start 14-Jun 16:47:58.566 PID 4836********************

Comment

Yes I have paid subscription it on DVD five
                          Last edited by prican1493; 06-15-2010, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Looks like you are using a DVD-Rom disc and your DVD drive does not support DVD-rom media. Do you have ImgBurn installed as I notice you are using the built in VSO burn engine. It would be much better for you to use ImgBurn for the burn engine instead. My mistake your drive does support Rom but it showing up as not empty give a different brand of blank media a try if you have any around as well

Comment

I've got three different kinds of blank DVDs but none of these that seem to be working.

Comment

Working...
                              X