This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issue with update

Ive had dvdfab along time with no issues. When i upgraded to the current version i had a problem start. When i go to put my blank media in it just keeps ejecting it and asking for blank media. Now to answer some basic questions.

1)i have tried several different brands of dvd's
    2)this is a paid for version and not expired
    3)this problem started right after i updated to newest version
    4)if i rip the movie with dvd fab, exit out and launch nero i can burn it and using the same media and drive
    5)i tried unistalling and reinstalling several times.

If anyone has any ideas i would be very greatful, ive seen other posts with people having the same issue but havent seen a fix yet.

thanks zoo
    here are my logs these where the only ones in there:

burn log:

2010-06-17 18:05:59 ---- ******************** Log session stop 17-Jun 18:05:59.593 PID 2820********************
    2010-06-17 18:05:24 Info Can't read disc.
    2010-06-17 17:52:58 Info Disc (DVD-ROM) not emtpy.
    2010-06-17 17:52:55 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
    2010-06-17 17:52:55 Info Drive has Serial ATA physical interface
    2010-06-17 17:52:55 Info New Drive selected : 2:1:0 - ATAPI iHAS422 8 4L16 [D] (Scsi)
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 Info Current Drive selected : 2:1:0 - ATAPI iHAS422 8 4L16 [D] (Scsi)
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 Info System default language : English (United States)
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 Info User default language : English (United States)
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 Info DLL Version : 4.0.7.466
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\vso_hwe.dll
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 Info Version : 7, 0, 7, 0
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\DVDFab.exe
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
    2010-06-17 17:51:03 ---- ******************** Log session start 17-Jun 17:51:03.453 PID 2820********************

Internal log:

DVDFab 7.0.7.0 (2010/06/17 17:51:00)

0m 00.56s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 04.18s: detected dvd
    0m 04.21s: drive D
    0m 04.21s: video dvd 1
    0m 04.21s: volume label SHREK_2_US_16X9
    0m 04.43s: got copyright 1 fe
    0m 05.04s: got udf/iso
    0m 08.75s: got discinfo
    1m 25.75s: got dvdinfo

Have you made sure that you have DVD5 selected?

I have seen that sometimes changed to DVD9 on upgrade.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

yup checked that

Comment

Please set your DVDFab to work together with ImgBurn. You can learn how here:
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Having the same problem. This just started within the last 2 weeks. REGISTERED version and when you put in DVD it does not "analyse", is pops DVD out and ask you to insert blank dvd.

Just got this with Book of Eli and The Landlord. I was also getting this with Shutter Island, but with the 7.0 update, it now works.

Comment

Originally posted by flburner View Post
            Having the same problem. This just started within the last 2 weeks. REGISTERED version and when you put in DVD it does not "analyse", is pops DVD out and ask you to insert blank dvd.

Just got this with Book of Eli and The Landlord. I was also getting this with Shutter Island, but with the 7.0 update, it now works.
            I feel for you. Please see my post #4. ^^
            In addition to that post, exclusively for you, I can offer a hug and kiss in a cheek.
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              I feel for you. Please see my post #4. ^^
              In addition to that post, exclusively for you, I can offer a hug and kiss in a cheek.
              Well thanks

You posted as I was typing, I am trying your method now. ---

UPDATE Seems to have worked with Book of Eli, but did not work with The Landlord. Almost like Fab NOT seeing movie. Burn setting at bottom for DVD5/9 reads "0MB>0MB", but the name of the movie does show up as the source??
              Last edited by flburner; 06-18-2010, 12:13 AM.

Comment

flburner
                This has nothing to do with your problem but your drive has a firmware update you will find it here
                NOTE: if you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless.
                By the way I have the same drive
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

@zoo
                  For Shrek 2 try with pathplayer disabled as that movie I believe was released in 2005 and does not really need pathplayer at all.

@flburner try the same as what I told zoo but not sure when The Landlord was released

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions so far but still no luck. The issue started right after the update, happens with anything i try and copy, and doesnt seem to have anything to do with my hardware. Something in the latest update must be in conflict with something in my system i just dont have any idea what.

Comment

@zoo,
                      since odd things begin to happen after update, I would suggest to update your drive.
                      Please uninstall DVDFab first, update you driver for optical drive and install DVDFab again "as Administrator". This is very important! Even if you have an administrative rights, please do install and registration always "as Administrator". Please come back with a good news.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X