This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely Slow READ

Just bought a new system. reloaded program, program works. however the reads and writes are back to the ice age. on my old system i could read a movie in under 8 minutes, now it takes 30 minutes.

its a new system with I7 x58 3 gig cpu and 6 gig of ram. the dvd writers are lg BD-RE wh08ls20 and samsung SH-S223B units.

the opticals are connected via sata slot 5 and 6. any help would be great. seems a waste that i will have to keep my old unit to burn discs. this is a fast machine...

thank you

Please check out this newly created troubleshooting guide created by Maineman. especially toward the bottom of his post about resetting dma. If still no luck post back and someone will try to help.
    Last edited by W&B; 10-11-2009, 08:04 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

i believe the samsung 223B has riplocked firmware. there is an advanced tool for patching the firmware. Patch Utility for Samsung MTK Based DVD Drives. ive put together a package for you. download here from my mediafire account.

Patch_Utility_Samsung.exe

tool for patching samsung firmware

-
      -
      -
      SH-S223B_ID01.exe

original samsung firmware

-
      -
      -
      Tsdnwin.exe

flasher for applying bin file firmware

-
      -
      -
      SH-S223B_ID01.bin

original samsung firmware bin file extracted from the .exe
      -
      -
      -
      SH-S223B_ID01_patched.bin

all patches applied using Patch Utility

flash using Tsdnwin.exe

Comment

Great info Troy512, something I also found which might not apply to the OP situation is some software such as Daemon tools and Alcohol 120% installs a device driver SPTD which can be detrimental to optical drive performance. What happens basically is rip speeds will vary greatly and USUALLY slowing to a crawl. I experienced this myself while I was testing Daemon tools. If you're not sure if its installed on your machine check here http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads (NOTE: after you open this installer DO NOT INSTALL only select the UNINSTALL option. If its not clickable then most likely its not Your problem.)

Comment

Extremely Slow READ

I bought a new system. I7 intel, 3.0 6 gig of ram. Running Vista 64 Ultimate.

I installed latest DVDFAB Platinum. The reads are up to 60 minutes. this only happens when decrypting. I tried other programs and it works fine. Is there a setting i am missing because of vista. Using 2 24x liteon units, brand new.

anyone else have this issue with vista?

thank you

Comment

thanks guys, but i gave up on the drive and bought 2 new ones Liteon 24x units. they did the same thing. i went with these because they have always worked. I did try other programs and they read perfectly.

My main question now is vista, is there some sort of bug between vista and fab? I was also able to use on-the-fly decrypter first and then use fab to read, it went right back to normal. so, i am thinking it is a setting in fab? what do you think
            Last edited by troy512; 10-12-2009, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Wild and Blue, I also did your check and it was not installed. As for the samsung unit, it started acting pretty strange, making sounds and locking up, so i pulled it and replaced it with the liteon.

Comment

The exact same disc/movies that ripping very slow in your new system rip faster in your old system? I use Vista ultimate 64x but with a Core 2 duo cpu and have excellent rip speeds. Total rip time about 8-10 minutes on average provided the disc are not damaged or some such. Do you get any read errors? please post the needed logs as described in the Help us Help you sticky and hopefully it'll give someone a clue to your problem.

Comment

Yes, much faster, my old system was a amd athlon fx60 overclocked to 2.8. i would read in about 7 minutes and burn in 5 to 6 minutes. nope, no read errors on either machine. I will do the log thing later this week. I will be out of town for 2 days. My cpu is the i7 950 @ 3.07.

Comment

are you applying compression?

Comment

Working...
                    X