This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd burner on computer does not recognize disc it just burned

I am very new to this dvd burning stuff so please excuse me if I dont use proper terminology. I used dvdfab with imgburn and burned a movie on to a verbatim dvd+r dl. I did this using the help guide that is posted on youtube and this forum as well. Doing it that way, my first one turned out almost flawlessly. It will play on the xbox but will not play on the laptop dvd burner it was just burned on. It says it doesnt recognize the disk IT JUST BURNED!!!!!! Does anybody know what may be causing this?

Hi jethro14
    Are you try to run the burned disk through Fab again or just play it on your computer
    I'm guessing play it on the computer
    Post your logs The default location is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 06-28-2010, 02:47 AM.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

If you do not have it download VLC media player and try it.

This problem has been posted before when using laptops but I can not find the thread at the moment.

Comment

Try restarting the computer then try again. I get this sometimes after I burn a disc and it won't register on my computer till I restart it. Thought I had some bad burns till I tried restarting and checking again and it was just fine.

Comment

I have run into this many times on my laptop (Dell Vostro 1710), and suspect it to be heat related. It happens more often with single layer than with DL and almost all the time with the VSO burning engine over other engines I have tried that burn much slower. I find if I re-check the disc in an hour or so it usually reads fine, or I can burn a few more discs then come back to the previously burned ones and by then usually an hour or more has passed.

Comment

Working...
          X