This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDfab7070

I get the icon on my desk top but when I click on it the program doesn't show up. In the task manager it shows it running in the processes tab but not in the applications tab. Now this is for any DVDfab 7 series. When I install DVDfab 6 series the application shows up on desktop and in task manager and i can use it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times. I'm getting aggrivated, can someone please help?

cripmangap
    Instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the programs as administrator.
    Also try turning off your firewall and anti virus before installing but, remember to turn them back on.
    Give it a try and post back.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

i did that and still doing the same thing. i'm not having trouble installing the 7 series The actual program is not popping up on my desktop. the process is running but the application isn't. i have windows vista and my virus protection is CA and i'm not sure how to turn that off completely to install dvdfab 7070. like i said series 6 has no problem. thanks in advance!

Comment

You need to delete DVDFab completely from computer then run a registry cleaner like CCleaner. Before you download and install DVDFab again you will have to turn UAC (user account control) off to do that go to control panel-User Accounts and then change UAC settings to off. You will have to reboot but wait until after you have disabled Windows Defender.

To Disable windows Defender go to Control Panel-system and security-administrative tools. Double click Services and then in the pop up scroll down till you find Windows defender and double click. In the new pop up change start up type to disabled and change Service status to Stopped by clicking stop. Click apply and OK when done and then close all open windows and reboot computer. Once computer rebooted disable your CA I'm not sure how but if you right click the system tray icon you should get some selections and either exit or disable will be one of them.

once that done you can download latest DVDFab beta from this link and save it to computer. Once saved find it and right click and select install as administrator. This should get DVDFab installed on Vista computer and it should run fine as I had no problems with Vista and DVDFab when I used Vista. Also if I was you I would find another virus protection as CA sucks and lets the nasties on the computer as that what happened to me when I had it so I asked for refund and bought a better more reliable virus protection

Comment

Originally posted by cripmangap View Post
          i did that and still doing the same thing. i'm not having trouble installing the 7 series The actual program is not popping up on my desktop. the process is running but the application isn't. i have windows vista and my virus protection is CA and i'm not sure how to turn that off completely to install dvdfab 7070. like i said series 6 has no problem. thanks in advance!
          Hi cripmangap

You should not have to disable your virus protection, firewall or anything else, if you are running Vista Home version you may need to use a logon password for your user account->(Administrator), however you can try...

right click on the DVDFab icon and select "Properties" click on the "Compatibility" tab and at the very bottom place a check mark next to "Run this program as a Administrator"

Comment

Try the procedures outlined in the "Registration Key Problems?" thread. Link in my signature below.

Welcome & thanks SJ...
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X