This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-men wolverine movie won't burn new copy protection

I have found dvdfab won't burn x-men wolverine movie the pathplayer won't open it it just constantly tries to open it.Can anyone help i think this has new copy protection on it.

If You mean the DVD it should have no problem with PathPlayer set to always enable. I had no problem with beta 6105.

Comment

Won't work the pathplayer just constantly tries to open it.

Comment

You may have a bad disc (bad pressing from the factory) getting any errors? Any scratches or smudges on the surface? Try cleaning it with a spritz of rubbing alcohol and a soft lint free cloth from the center out, it won't damage the disc and will dry very fast before putting it back into the drive. Is it a region 1 disc? If all that fails I would return it for an exchange because Fab had no problem with this title.

Comment

It is a pal disk worked fine in my dvd-drive and dvd recorder

Comment

Please post your internal and burn logs in the DVDFab/Log folder and Fengtao or Ting will have a look.

Comment

I had this issue. I found that disabling PathPlayer for this dvd fixed the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the advice anonunga, my version is a NTSC region 1 disc that worked with pathplayer always enabled so hopefully the op will try that.

Comment

Good advice as always form W&B.

I did this flick, R1, with PP always enabled back when it was released.
                  Nothing unusual with this one, R1 anyway...ripped no problem.
                  Can't speak for other regions, but switching PathPlayer settings (as seen above) is always a good first step

FYI:

Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
                  Last edited by maineman; 10-13-2009, 03:53 PM.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Same - disabled path player and DVD ripped R4 PAL

The disc title is Fox_Digital_movie and it comes up with its own menu - interesting - had me stumped till I came here for the answer.

Comment

wolverine men

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                      I have found dvdfab won't burn x-men wolverine movie the pathplayer won't open it it just constantly tries to open it.Can anyone help i think this has new copy protection on it.
                      i had pal - no pathplayer-no read ahead -ignore read errors thats my humble hint

Comment

I've just tried the R4 DVD of Wolverine and I ripped it successfully to my hard drive and made a H264 AVI file from it.

DVDFab 6.1.1.2

One thing though, I had to turn PathPlayer OFF otherwise it just sat there scanning.

Just a tip to all... Do not just say "The latest beta" because beta releases can come out very quickly. Please quote the exact version number e.g. 6.1.1.2
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No Problems.
                          Wolverine - Pal Region 2 (Sweden, Finland) customized backup to DVD9 (dvd folders) worked with pathplayer enabled.
                          Hubba hubba zoot zoot..........

Comment

Pathplayer disable is the solution

R4 PAL disc. Now copyng nicely after disabling the Pathplayer. The DVDFab screen shows MPEG2 as the format but then showing VOB files copying when the START button is pushed.

Thanks to all for the tip.

Regards
                            Ian

Comment

I have had your software for some time, very pleased with it too, having a couple of problems at present and I only just noticed these forums, so I registered. This is one of the problems I am having, so now I will try it again disabling the pathplayer.

Comment

Working...
                              X