This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd player in car won't recognize burnt disc

The DVD player in my car won't recognize the dvds I just burnt. I am using a dvd-r disc. The instructions in the car's manual says that DVD-ROMs cannot be played in this system, however, I had copied some years ago that seemed to work. My car is an '04. Would a DVD+R work better or are there some settings/format I can use to get this to work? Going on vacation with a 13-year-old in tow, so VERY important.

Originally posted by paminkc View Post
    The DVD player in my car won't recognize the dvds I just burnt. I am using a dvd-r disc. The instructions in the car's manual says that DVD-ROMs cannot be played in this system, however, I had copied some years ago that seemed to work. My car is an '04. Would a DVD+R work better or are there some settings/format I can use to get this to work? Going on vacation with a 13-year-old in tow, so VERY important.
    Instead of using a disc the manual says will not play why not use one the manual says will play.

Does your manual say it will play DVD+R?
    If so burn one and try it in your system.

Comment

Car dvd players have a reputation of being more than a bit temperamental.
      As my pal Gruñón says, you're probably going to have to experiment.

If the +R fails, I'd try again and bitset to a DVD-ROM anyway.
      It wouldn't be the first time a manual has been, shall we say, less than accurate...

I don't know what you're using, but it's likely your blank media (MID) probably has a hand in this as well.

Post your player make and model or google it if you don't get anywhere.
      Last edited by maineman; 07-06-2010, 03:20 AM. Reason: typo
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yes I would suggest the same thing as maineman. Note that you can only booktype DVD+R discs to DVD-ROM. DVD-Rs aren't able to do it, and I would also suggest using Imgburn for your burning. If you need help to set the booktype let us know and we will be glad to help.

Edit: Bitsetting = Booktyping (Same thing, figured I would throw that in there to avoid confusion)
        SPECS
        DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
        SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
        X