This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double layered disc?

Bare with me on this as I am a computer idiot. Just purchased DVDFAB 7 and have no problem with the writing of the DVD. It is set for DVD9 and I usually see 100% quality. BUT when I go to copy it to a blank DVD, it says I need a double layered disc. All I am doing is copying a 100 minute DVD, just the Main Movie, using a blank 120 minute Verbatim DVD-R disc.

So, I change the setting to DVD5 and the quality drops to 67%, but it does allow me to complete the process.

Is there anything I can do to get the best quality copy without getting the "double layered disc" notification?

Thanks

Essentially, you have a couple of options.
    Use Main Movie Mode or Customize Mode and if the quality remains at a decent % go ahead and keep burning to DVD5.
    Most of us old farts use 80% as a rough guide in terms of quality, but it is a bit arbitrary and subject to change.

As the name of the mode suggests, Customize will afford you the ability to modify titles as you wish...
    still cut out stuff you don't want, but allow you to configure the disc exactly as you wish.

If you want 100% quality or wish to keep most of the contents of the disc, ie., special features, etc., you'll need to burn to DL media (DVD9).
    If you choose DL's, please use only verbatim +R DL discs...preferably MIS (made in Singapore).
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

"using a blank 120 minute Verbatim DVD-R disc.". This is quite confusing for purchasers.

These discs, even though they state they are 120 mins are only DVD5, not DVD9.

a better way to judge what they actually are... 4.7Gb = DVD5, 8.5Gb = DVD9..
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
      X