This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

process failed if I edit volume label field

using 7.04 ( yes I know it's not most recent so please tell me if theis is a known bud that's fixed already & I'll upgrade)

Using "dvd customise" -with source & target both on hard drives.

this always works unless I change what is in the "volume label field on the final screen, just before pressing start. but if I edit that field, then start copy, I often get process failed after a few seconds ( as it tries to create output folder I think)

Yet I can put in a simple value , like "test" and it may work. it seems to just not like certain name lengths or constructions.

todays real life example:
    i begin with a DVD that is already ripped to HD
    dvd name is " Lick library - ultimate guitar - learn to write your own rock riffs.".
    I take out the "ultimate guitar" bit & get process failed.
    I then take out also the "lick library" bit & get process failed again.
    I then retype the label as simply "rock riffs" & it copies OK

what's going on here ? what rules or character limits am I missing ?

Not sure what happening but I always name them like this "THE_BANNEN_WAY", "STAR_WARS" and never tried any other way

Comment

Yes, I think it conforms to the normal 11 character limit on volume names.

This was a known problem for a few versions as spaces were prohibited also. I have just been doing some rips with 7.0.7.9 and the problem does not seem to be there but be aware that prohibited characters will still cause an problem such as "&" and "\".

Basically, if you cannot remane a windoze directory with those letters in the name, it is going to cause an error in Fab.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Yes, I think it conforms to the normal 11 character limit on volume names.

This was a known problem for a few versions as spaces were prohibited also. I have just been doing some rips with 7.0.7.9 and the problem does not seem to be there but be aware that prohibited characters will still cause an problem such as "&" and "\".

Basically, if you cannot remane a windoze directory with those letters in the name, it is going to cause an error in Fab.
        OK - it's not quite that simple. I check my target folder & inside customise i see:
        rock riffs ( the successful copy)
        write your own rock riffs ( empty)
        learn to write your own rock riffs ( empty)

so it's some combination of spaces and/or 11+ characters , I guess.

what is puzzling though, is that the default label will always work even if it's a very ong name with lots of spaces !

no big deal though - it is just as easy to run dvdfab with default label, then rename the output foler later.

will go to 7.0.8.2. anyway & see what happens if i need to do another one.

PS. my usual reason for customise is to remove just 1 unwanted title set, out of what can be dozens of titles so an option to tick all boxes on customise screen ( then I just untick one box) would be real useful - is this on a wish list already ?
        Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2010, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X