This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copies dont work properly, jumping, missing bits

hi, I have no trouble burning a movie but when I go to watch it often it jumps like theres a scratch on the disc or it skips, like its missing a chapter or the end of the movie just wont play, it freezes, any ideas why this is? anyone else getting this problem?
    thanks

Yes, you are burning too fast and/or using crappy media and/or have a problem with your burner.

More information required before we can help you further.

Read the "Help Us Help You" threads.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-20-2010, 08:26 AM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by blackbirdblue View Post
      hi, I have no trouble burning a movie but when I go to watch it often it jumps like theres a scratch on the disc or it skips, like its missing a chapter or the end of the movie just wont play, it freezes, any ideas why this is? anyone else getting this problem?
      thanks
      Well if you could post your DVDFab logs that would help narrow down whats wrong. Info on how to find and post the logs is in the "Help Us Help You" thread.

Edit: Oh I got beat to it.
      SPECS
      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

thanks for that I checked my recording speed for the dvd drive and found it was set on fastest! 124x! wow, my discs say 16x so I have set it to that, hopefully that was the problem

Comment

As a normal good practice, you should set the write speed to half the speed of the drive or half the speed of the blanks you are useing, whichever is the LESSER.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by blackbirdblue View Post
            I checked my recording speed for the dvd drive and found it was set on fastest! 124x!
            Hahaha, yeah this speed is not possible, even to a cd...
            As you said, hopefully the burn speed is the problem, but blank media plays a huge role as well.

If you post a burn log or two, we'll be glad to take a look and give you some specific advice.
            The 1/2 speed rule suggested by my pal gregiBoy is always a good place to start.

The default location is:
            C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
            X