This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menus no longer working

I am making full disk backups of my own private DVD collection, using my registered copy of DVDFab version 7.0.8.2 under XP Pro SP3, Vista Ultimate SP2 and Windows 7 Ultimate edition.

However I believe that the problem first appeared with version 7.0.8.0.

Suddenly the menus do not seem to be working as they should, especially the jump to a scene feature.

If I attempt to move forwards or backwards between the up to 9 episodes on the interface of the Animated Mr Bean Series, it simply throws me back to the main menu.

But it is far from being the only title which is being affected by this bug (?).

Now this is when I am still running the VOB files from a VIDEO_TS folder on my computer's hard drives (I have three internal ones, plus one external USB, all Western Digital) .

And doing a test burn to a DVD-RW does not make the problem disappear, when played in any one of my three hardware players.

An alternative freeware product which I believe I am not permitted to mention its name makes the menus work as they did before I upgraded to 7.0.8.0.

Could this issue please be treated with some urgency as I am quickly losing the confidence I once had in what was up until now top quality software that could always be depended on, when so many competitors had already failed?

Without properly working menus, there is little point in making full disk copies, and doing a main movie copy instead while it obviously gets rid of the problem (sort of), means that some of the more interesting extra features will be missing.

Any assistance which you could offer in this matter would be much appreciated.

Am I the only person who is experiencing this?

Thanks,

reeman50

Originally posted by reeman50 View Post
    Any assistance which you could offer in this matter would be much appreciated.

Am I the only person who is experiencing this?

Thanks,

reeman50
    I'm not sure if anyone else experiencing this problem, but you are certainly the only one who mentioned it. However, please try to copy your DVD using "Clone" mode and let us know how it goes.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I do nothing but FullDVD back ups and have not seen or had this problem in the 5 years of using DVDFab. What we need from you is to post the titles of all DVDs you have this issue with and as well to read what is posted below and post all info mentioned to your next post reply to this thread you created. Another thing if these are older DVDs try with pathplayer disabled to see results.

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
      If this happens with all discs or just one
      Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
      If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
      If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
      If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Issue resolved to my satisfaction

I was somewhat premature in pushing the panic button, as it seems that there is an incompatibility problem between the Animated Mr Bean menus and DVDFab of any version.

Perhaps the other DVDs which share this fate have a similar incompatibility issue with the software, but fortunately the freeware alternative which I mentioned previously does the job.

And as an added bonus, as of version 7.0.8.2 the speed display (e.g. 6.1X) is finally working again, so perhaps we should be grateful for small miracles and accept that some DVDs will never be able to be copied using every single program, even if they are of such high quality as DVDFab which is I feel is most unlikely.

Full speed ahead and I am sincerely sorry to waste your time with my concerns that something had gone terribly wrong with the registered product which has seen me get through some very difficult times in backing up my growing DVD collection (which now exceeds 1500 titles).

As always you have been most kind, tolerant and helpful.

From my point of view this issue has now been resolved to my satisfaction, since there is at least in this case a freeware alternative which works.

We must accept that every attempt to copy a copy protected disc is an experiment.

Some experiments work, but some do still frustratingly fail.

Oh well!

reeman50

Comment

Working...
        X