This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x-men origins wont copy

wolverine wont play for me either with the latest beta (13/10/2009). I have seen it mentioned in another thread that Transformers 2 and monsters Vs Aliens are also having problems.

Regards to all

I've just tried the R4 DVD of Wolverine and I ripped it successfully to my hard drive and made a H264 AVI file from it.

DVDFab 6.1.1.2

One thing though, I had to turn PathPlayer OFF otherwise it just sat there scanning.

Just a tip to all... Do not just say "The latest beta" because beta releases can come out very quickly. Please quote the exact version number e.g. 6.1.1.2
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Path player.

I didnt try switching off path player, i will give that a go... How do i go about doing that. Is that via DVDfab settings or else where. I didnt mention the "latest beta" numbers as i could not remember them at the time of writing the post, thus i put a date in brackets so it would be easy to work out.

Cheers

Comment

In settings (green tick at the top), Pathplayer.

The version of Fab always shows up on the top left hand of the Fab window.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Wolverine

OK, this time i managed to copy the dvd. I disabled the path play as suggested and it worked. I intended to use a dual layer +R dvd to burn the movie on to. When i inserted the blank dvd i got the message that write media is dual layer when output requires only a single layer dvd. This seems strange, i would assume a movie such as wolverine would be a dual layer movie. Can anyone explain why i am being prompted to use only a single layer disk??

Regards all

Comment

Do you have the output size set as DVD9 (Double Layer) and not DVD5 (Single Layer) it is located at the bottom across from the start button. You can even change the Default size in common settings DVD to DVD

Comment

default size set as dvd9, i am pretty familiar with this program... just never needed to disable path player before...

Comment

Originally posted by AussieOak View Post
                default size set as dvd9, i am pretty familiar with this program... just never needed to disable path player before...
                Once ripped to your hdd...what's the actual file size?...
                and does it play ok when viewed from the hdd?
                I'm not much help here since I have an R1 disc and it ripped just fine with PP always enabled.

R1, Title 1 (movie) is about 5201 MB whereas the entire disc is about 6055 MB
                (Sorry I'm reading files off my hdd....we're moving and I can't deal with looking for the disc).
                As you said, without compression, Fab should be asking for DL media, even for just main movie.

Interesting that everyone who posted in R4 had to disable PP, but otherwise seemed to rip ok.
                As a general rule, disabling PP shouldn't affect the output size unless there's something funky about the file structure/copy protection.
                In this case, the file size is usually "artificially" expanded.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Disabling PathPlayer worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X