This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ripping DVDs to hard drive

I have started ripping DVDs with no compression to my HD..mens and all...to get the most optimum sound ..just like it is in the movie...is there a different procvess? Any option I need to check off when I am about to rip it?

i like to use Main Movie. This will decrease the size and only contain the important part of the disc.

DVDFab will not alter the audio even when applying compression. just select the audio track or tracks you want to keep.

Comment

The question is what are you trying to play back the movie with? If the sound is all you are after then you can get the exact bit-for-bit sound using either VOB Passthrough or any of the "audiocopy" profiles in DVD to Mobile.

Comment

I am after the 100% sound quality ..when i rip at rip at DVD9 and hjuist want to make sure im getting the sound just as it is if you had put the DVD in..I am kinda new to this..I rip it all to my Hard Drive for Windows Media Center

Comment

I appreciate 100% sound quality as well.

To save on file size, use the "Main Movie" option. In the right hand corner of the screen, you'll see all the sound elements. Just select one or (do what I do and) select them all.

That way you get the exact same sound options as if you were still using the original DVD and you can compress the DVD down from about 8 gigs to about 4 or 5 (often less).

Comment

Working...
          X