This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc stops playing

Why do the copied discs of my store bought movies freeze up toward the end of the movie? Sometimes opening the tray and starting it over helps, but not always. This has happened with every DVD player I've ever owned and even my new Samsung Blu-ray player. Any tips or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Cefmanno1
    Could you please post your logs The default location is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.
    Please just copy and paste the burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Cefmanno1 View Post
      Why do the copied discs of my store bought movies freeze up toward the end of the movie? Sometimes opening the tray and starting it over helps, but not always. This has happened with every DVD player I've ever owned and even my new Samsung Blu-ray player. Any tips or help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      Most likely it's a result of combination: low-quality media, high burning speed and/or poorly calibrated burner. Here are remedies:
      (a) use ImgBurn as burning engine,
      (b) reduce burning speed to half of nominal or less,
      (c) update your burner's driver
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

It occurs to me that assuming these are single layer backups and the problem is near the end of the movie, the write may be too near the outer edge of the disc. In common settings click “WRITE” and check the size, you might knock that down a bit if slowing the write speed doesn't do the trick.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I assume this is a DVD problem so thread has been moved to that section

Comment

Working...
          X