This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP...Playable files

I am hoping someone can take some time and give me a comprehensive guide to accomplishing two results for each DVD I want to back up.

I would like to, for each DVD, create a file that I can use to burn an exact duplicate DVD. From all that i have read so far, I think that I would like to just rip the DVD to an ISO file and store on an external drive. I like this because its an all contained file that cant be accidentally tampered with like a VOB folder. So is that the best way to do that? and will it burn an exact duplicate DVD, and can i do that burn process in FAB DVD, or is another application better for that? Could you give a step by step guide on this just so I can get it right?

I also, for each DVD, would like to include a file that can be played directly from the hard drive, on a media player. (preferably in media center) Can you create a file like this in FAB DVD...a file that will play just like if you put the DVD in, with menus and scene selection interface that is usable? If it is, fo the love of Jesus, could someone please give me a step by step guide on how to do this, in a way that would result in the highest quality possible file. I have read so many things, and tried so many thing, and have yet to achieve this. The closest I can get is playing about 12 minute segments, no menus, and choppy movie.

I am a newbie at this, but I'm not being lazy...I have read much and tried much.

Thanks in advance for the tall order.

Patrick

To answer your two questions, you can achieve your goal easily in one step but you will have to ditch that Media Centre crap. There may be some way to play ISO's in it but it's too much like hard work.

Rip FULL DISK to iso. This can be burnt at a later using DVD Fabs Write Data function.

The ISO can pe played with full menus, etc using either VLC or Media Player Classic Home Ciinema. They are both great players and FREE!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

To play iso with Windows Media Center you will need a virtual drive and below is link to DVDFab Virtual drive which is free

Use this link below for how to use Windows Media Center for playing iso files

Integrate DVDFab Virtual Drive into Windows Media Center

Comment

Thanks for the response. Gregiboy, how do you play the iso file in VLC? I have tried opening the file in VLC

VLC>MEDIA>OPENFILE>DVDFOLDER>...and the iso file that is in that folder does not show. The same with

VLC>MEDIA>OPENFOLDER>DVDFOLDER>...and the iso file that is in that folder does not show.

If I try to open the file by clicking on the file, it shows a message that computer cannot open the file.

Comment

Download and install DVD Fab's Virtual drive (FREE) and mount the ISO image. It will appear as you have inserted a DVD into the machine.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Or you can just go "Open File" in VLC and open the ISO directly. I just double checked that this is correct.

Comment

Just use Media->Open File.....

Comment

Windows Media Player in Windows 7 will play iso's if you want to stay with native players. I don't agree with some here who apparently think it's sub standard to use anything Windows. Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center does everything I need them to do and quite well. I have mplayer HC (which I like that it doesn't need to be installed) but I haven't had to use it. Whatever works for the individual, I just take exception to Windows players being trash.
                I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                X