X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

milkdog
    Also lower your burn speed to 4x
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks Guys...you are really a blessing to those of us starting out.

Question: When I burn to ISO file, I have been switching by burn engine to IMG Burn, because DVDFab does not prompt for selecting a split point when writing the ISO file after the rip. Does DVDFab do this automatically?

The one success I have had in 15 disks was when I did this, and then switched the engine to VOB, and it burned. Dont know if I was lucky, because I have had plenty of FAILURE with doing that way to. Just looking to get some feedback on the best practice.

Thanks

PS Going out to get the Verbatims right now.

Patrick

Comment

When burning with VSO (Fab's default burn engine) the layer break is positoned automatically.
        If this is working for you, no need to look further.

Many users (I think all the mods) use Img as it is much more configurable.
        It is also more reliable for many users and there are many who experienced problems and switched to Img with complete resolution of their problems.

Honestly, I've never had much of a problem with VSO, but I prefer Img nevertheless.

When Img is selected as Fab's default burn engine, the user must select the layer break. Img will populate a list and rank the choices.
        I have never had a bad burn with any of Img's choices.

The only way that Img will not force a choice by the user is if an .MDS file was created by Img.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi again milkdog
          After reviewing your logs again and this is not like me to miss this but, Please update your Vista OS from SP1 to SP2 from Microsoft then give it another shot.
          CBR929

Sorry AGJ just re read the whole thread and noticed you had already mentioned this
          Last edited by CBR929; 08-02-2010, 02:35 AM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Hi again milkdog
            After reviewing your logs again and this is not like me to miss this but, Please update your Vista OS from SP1 to SP2 from Microsoft then give it another shot.
            CBR929

Sorry AGJ just re read the whole thread and noticed you had already mentioned this
            No, it's not like you and actually you missed twice!!!
            I'm afraid it's the penalty box for you or you'll be forced to join the Old Farts Club with us....not sure which is worse?...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

SUCCESS!!

Once I switched to Verbatims everything is running like a charm. Have burned about 3 movies so far and no problems.

Thanks to AGJ, Gummigutta, CBR929, and Maineman for all of your help!

Patrick

Comment

Another convert!!!
                Congrats and happy burning

Comment

Glad you are up and burning now so enjoy DVDFab

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                    No, it's not like you and actually you missed twice!!!
                    I'm afraid it's the penalty box for you or you'll be forced to join the Old Farts Club with us....not sure which is worse?...
                    LOL... I will let you know in a couple days and I'll take the Old Farts Club , because if I have to sit to long in the penalty box I may have to start pulling my hair out
                    CBR929

milkdog
                    Glad you got it working again
                    Last edited by CBR929; 08-03-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X