This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab has stopped working........

I have used DVDFab freebie products quite a bit over the past few years. I finally bought the registered version of DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile. Now I get the "DVDFab all in one software xxxxxxxxx has stopped working" message.

I have uninstalled/re-installed numerous times. I have searched the forums and can't seem to find anyone with exactly my issues.

Below is my log file. My previous log files show then entire startup with Pathplayer enabled.

Problem is, I can't get DVDFab to even start up outside of the registration screen to enable pathplayer again.....

Can anyone help?????

DVDFab 7.0.9.0 (2010/08/01 10:23:09)

0m 00.51s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 7.0.9.0 (2010/08/01 10:26:37)

0m 00.53s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 7.0.9.0 (2010/08/01 10:26:41)

0m 00.46s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

Hi deweesw
    You may try right clicking DVD Fab on your desktop and run as administrator.
    Also when installing Fab I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save then open the folder and right click and install the programs as administrator and never have had 1 problem with any install. In my own opinion I think it makes a world of difference on the install of programs.
    Give it a try and post back.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR929,

Thanks for the info. I tried that a couple times as well to no avail.

I am running Norton A/V and tried shutting that down, didn't work. I have uninstalled/re-installed, restarted, everything.

Is there way to turn Pathplayer on without DVDFab running? Again, I get to the registration page, then click "RUN DVDFab" and the up pops the window saying it shut down.

I have uninstalled any other DVD software that I have loaded over the years. I uninstalled iTunes and still nothing.

Anyone have any other ideas?

The process log is all I have at this point.

Thanks,

deweesw

Comment

Here is the appcrash data.

Any ideas on why this keeps crashing?

Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
        Application Name: DVDFab.exe
        Application Version: 7.0.9.0
        Application Timestamp: 4c544b7f
        Fault Module Name: DVDFab.exe
        Fault Module Version: 7.0.9.0
        Fault Module Timestamp: 4c544b7f
        Exception Code: c0000005
        Exception Offset: 0007d233
        OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
        Locale ID: 1033
        Additional Information 1: 742a
        Additional Information 2: 4d865eb25c07acf4c1c8866047629727
        Additional Information 3: 21f9
        Additional Information 4: 016cead66897abd967b792bdcf5c335b

Read our privacy statement:

Comment

Does this just happen when trying to run Fab?
          Just a guess here, but try to update your video driver
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Have you tried installing an older version of Fab and if yes, does the problem recur?
            Also is there any chance in Fab I/O Mode, you have ASPI selected?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

maineman,

I updated my video driver to no avail.

As far as the DVD I/O, it does not exist under my register entry. I saw that on another post and went in and there is no I/O option under DVDFab in the registry.

Any other suggestions?

Again, I just bought this like 7 days ago and it worked three times.

Comment

deweesw
                What Maineman is talking about is Open Fab Click the Green top right > DVD/ Blu-Ray > Read on the top I/O what do you have selected.
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR, I think he cannot even get it to start to do that.

Maybe a full uninstall, registry clean up, file clean up and install using my instructions?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Uninstall again using the Fab uninstaller then run CCleaner sweep and registry cleaner.
                    Now try installing an older version like 7070.
                    Here's a link for it:

Comment

gregiboy is right... I cannot even get it to open to get that far.

gregiboy, i'll go through your sig links and work that install that way.

I'll post my results.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Uninstall it and then use CC Cleaner first until there are no unresolved items.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hey Greg, I didn't see your advice about the uninstall, etc., before i posted.
                          Oh well, at least we're on the same page

Good luck deweesw.

I still think you should start with an older version for the fresh install
                          Link on my last post

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

I actually did some additional google work and found another site and followed the directions there.

Not sure if its kosher or not to copy/paste that set of instructions, but it worked the first time.

If its okay, I'll copy/paste it later so anyone else with my same issue can get a clean re-install.

Thanks,

deweesw

Comment

Originally posted by deweesw View Post
                              Thanks for the help guys.

I actually did some additional google work and found another site and followed the directions there.

Not sure if its kosher or not to copy/paste that set of instructions, but it worked the first time.

If its okay, I'll copy/paste it later so anyone else with my same issue can get a clean re-install.

Thanks,

deweesw
                              If by chance you are talking about the instructions by Stormjumper he is a member of this site as well.

Go ahead and do a copy/paste and if the higher ups are not pleased they will delete it and then we will both know we were wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X